The Whys And The Hows

Nikki's POV

I take a deep breath. I've been sparing with Ciel and Adan in wolf form all morning. I'm getting worn out. I'm not the only one training. The Pack Alphas have their warriors out and working their asses off. I yip as Sean approaches in greeting.

"What's a matter old man getting tired?" He yips playfully.

"I'm sure I can still kick your ass kid." I woof.

His posture becomes aggressive.

"I don't know It's looks like your age is showing Nikki. It makes me wonder if you and the other old man can keep up with three hot bitches. Maybe you need help. I wouldn't mind mounting them for you." He woofs and paces in front of me. "It's rumored neither of you have mounted Yennefer yet. Is it true?"

My hackles are raised and I show my teeth. He makes a mock charge. I stand my ground and stomp my paw.

"If you want to fight whelp bring it on." I growl.

We circle. He charges. I rush in to counter him. Throwing my weight against him sends us both to the ground. I latch on to his throat and hold tight. He grunts in submission. I let go and let him up.

"I apologize Mr Sixx. Adan wanted to know if you would keep your head when insulted." He Oofs softly.

"Accepted." I woof.

I glance at Courtney. She gives me a sexy grin. Nicole's and Yennefer's eyes are aglow with arousal. My mates think I'm hot. I lift my head and tail to show my dominance. I feel like I could fight anything. I howl others join me. Adan bumps my shoulder in friendship and gives out a wolf chuckle.

"Let's call it for the day!" Adan barks.

I rub against my women as we head home. Once inside Courtney points to the shower. I groan happy wife, happy life. Shifting I turn on the water and step in letting the heat sooth sore muscles.

After my shower I pull on a pair of jeans and head for the front porch. Jason sits watching the cubs. He greets me and goes back to whittling. It's a horse this time. I can hear the women in the kitchen making lunch for our horde of cubs. They talk and joke as they work. I'm happy they are getting along. There is still tension every time Nicole comes to me wanting attention. It's not sexual she just wants hugs and cuddles. Now I have Yennefer too. I've asked Jason to claim them, so they can claim him. He refuses. I don't understand why especially Nicole. I know he loves her. We hear each other's surface thoughts all the time. I've learned to keep things to myself like right now. It's also a courtesy to allow personal mental space. No snooping. That's why I don't know the reason for his refusal. I sigh. I feel like a real ass. I claimed both Nicole and Yennefer but I can't make it a true mate bond. They are left in limbo not being able to claim me. I can't love and touch them like I should. I took vows with Courtney and she is my only. I read the vows for a wolf marriage. I can't take those vows and stay true to Courtney. Neither can I walk away.

Sean and his friend Robert come running up the path interrupting my inner thoughts.

"Anyone seen my wife?" Sean asks.

"She's up stairs with her sisters." Jason answers. With his next breath he calls one of the cubs. "Emma go let Nyx know her mate needs her."

"What's up? If you don't mind me prying." I ask.

"There's a little boy lost in the Grand Teton National Park. We've been called in. I want Nyx just in case the child is injured." He answers.

"Are you sure it's safe to venture away from the packs?" I ask worried.