27 - Rubber bands

It all happened so fast.

Boom.

Slash.

Slam.

Snap.

Your newfound wounds were healing themselves, while you held onto Eri. You were panting slightly, because Overhaul was throwing attack after attack, and you had to dodge them all with Eri in your arms.

Not to mention that you healed every scratch that Overhaul recently inflicted on Eri, the ones from his attacks just now. Remember when I said that healing others takes up stamina? Well when you heal someone continuously, it takes a toll on your body overtime.

Overhaul activated his quirk once again, you and Eri were once again in the crossfire. His attacks were focused on the blonde hero who you healed a couple of minute ago. He was badly injured, with stab wounds from previous spikes that impaled him. You jumped out of the way with Eri, but you took a stone spike to the leg.

"Oop" you said, pulling your leg out from the spike. You watched your fibers reconnect. The hole in your sweatpants remained though.

Eri clutched your hoodie tighter, while she watched the blonde hero. You looked back to him, and saw that his stomach was pierced with a stone spike.

"Did you want to be a hero that badly? To save Eri that badly, Lemillion?! I'll fix the guys like you— with Eri's quirk!"

"CHISAKI!" Lemillion growled.

"I told you I THREW THAT NAME AWAY!" Overhaul yelled, setting off his quirk again. You jumped out of the way in time, holding Eri close.

Boom.

You looked over, still mid-air with Eri in your arms, and broccoli boi, his sleep-deprived teacher, and barnacle boi hopped out of the hole. Broccoli boi jumped and through a huge punch to Overhaul.

Sir Nighteye ran over to Lemillion, while you took shelter in the maze of spikes. You looked down at Eri and gave her a reassuring smile. Her lip quivered, and she buried her face into your hoodie.

"P-Please...hug me..." Eri whimpered. You wrapped your arms around Eri's figure, just like the first time you held her. She has been through so much at such a young age. Everyone has a breaking point.

"You're one tough watermelon." You said. "You have had so many rubber-bands put on you, and you haven't broken once until now..." You could tell Eri was confused, and very much at her limit.

The poor girl can't even smile.

You hugged her closer to your chest, but nonetheless you were on high alert.

'The hell? I would have expected the heroes to have found us by now...' You thought.

"CHRONO WAKE UP!"

Slash.

"CHISAKI!"

You tucked your hands on top of Eri's ears, muffling the loud noises coming from the villains and heroes as they fought. You looked through the large spikes, and saw Sir nighteye holding up Lemillion. The blonde hero looked unconscious. You wanted to help fight off Overhaul— but— you wanted to keep Eri safe even more.

Suddenly, a strong gust of purple-looking wind came smacking against your body. You shielded Eri from the strong winds. You looked through the gaps of the spikes and saw Overhaul— but with four fucking arms.

"I'm quite obsessive about cleanliness, so when someone touches me, it makes my blood boil." Overhaul started. "What a sad life, Lemillion. If you hadn't gotten involved with Eri— with me— your quirk wouldn't have been lost forever." You noticed that Overhauls full attention was on the broccoli boi.