5

(Tom)

Selina didn't call me back since she came to see me a couple of weeks ago. Maybe I was too harsh with her.

"Just maybe?" My wolf comments sarcastically.

"Whatever!" I reply annoyed. " If you're speaking to only for that, you can shut your mouth."

"As you wish but I still think you should call her. We both miss her and don't try to deny it." He says before shutting me out.

Pff, this is bullshit! I don't need her. I don't need anybody. The only person I need died because of her immaturity. Fuck her and her selfishness! Still, with Selina, something is different. The world is more bearable with her. She is right something in her is calling me. She makes me want to feel again...

"Told you so!" My wolf says.

"I thought you shut me out."

"Not when you recognize I'm right!" He sasses.

"So what do we do?"

"Calling her is the first stape."

"Do you think we should tell her?"

The good thing, with sharing a body and a mind with your wolf, is he always knows what you're thinking and talking about. The bad thing is you can forget about privacy and intimacy.

"I don't know. I think it's bound to happen."

I sigh: "You're right. The sooner it's done the better it's."

****
I have maned up and I called her yesterday evening. We are meeting in a park close to my apartment. As I arrive in the park, she is already here sitting alone on a bench. And I'm fifteen minutes earlier.

She is wearing sunglasses and she looks lost in her thoughts. Her face is emotionless, cold. Something seems wrong. Something feels wrong. I can feel my wolf's worries rise in me. What happened? What's wrong?

"Selina! Hey!" I hail her.

"Hello, Tom. How are you?"

She smiles at me but I'm quite sure it's not reaching her true emotions. Trues emotions that I could see in her eyes if they were not hidden by sunglasses.

"Selina, what's wrong?"

"Nothing that should concern you." She replies taking me aback.

"You know speaking about what bothers could help."

She scoffs:" You're the one saying that. Anyway, why should I tell as you don't share anything with me."

"Fair point..." I comment sitting on her right side.

"You should tell her now." My wolf whisper to me.

"I know! I just don't know where to start."

"Do you know anything about how I lost my mate?" I ask her. Maybe Kaiden told her something. She shakes her head. So, I think I have to start from the beginning.

"As you know, I was pretty close to Noah. We grew up together and every free time we had we used to spend it together. One night where I was sleeping in our cabin near his house, I was waking up by his screams. When I asked what was wrong, he told me someone close to him was dying and he was feeling it. He was scared it was his mate, his other mate I mean, and asked to go with him. So we went... But it was not his mate. No, it was mine. She was in a car accident and she was badly hurt. I knew right there that they were nothing I could do to save her. She was bleeding too much and her wolf was already leaving her. I was ready to give up my life for her and I was there and the only thing I could do it was seeing life leaving her."