13

(Tom)

Things are so much easier with Lana in the secret. She changed our looks with a spell. She even gave a potion to Selina for her hair to grow faster as she said she was missing it and I have to say she's even more beautiful now. I'm keeping the same appearance while Selina likes to change almost at every mission. We aren't sensible to the spell so I only see Selina, not her fake appearance, except if I see her in a mirror. I have to say it's still a shock every time I'm looking at me in a mirror.

"Stop to look at you, narcissi!" Selina teases me.

"I can't help but be surprised every time. How is it not bothering you not to see your face in the mirror?" I ask.

"I find that funny to be able to change my look every time I want. It's like giant nail polish!"

I laugh.

"Why Nail polish?"

"There are hundreds of colors and you can change whenever you want. So it's the same."

"You're crazy!" I mock her.

She shugs.

"At least, I didn't scream like a damsel in distress when I see me in the mirror." She sasses.

"Hey! I didn't scream like a damsel! It happened only once and I was still half sleeping!" I defend myself.

"If it helps you to sleep at night, good for you!" She teases me.

"She's right you did scream like a damsel in distress!" My wolf mocks me too.

"Shut up!" I reply.

"Are you going out dress like that?" I ask her.

She is wearing a very revealing red dress and she is hot and sexy as fuck.

"Yes, why?"

"Don't you think you're showing too much?" I ask her, I don't like the idea of other men lusting at her.

"I know! Nobody, except us, should see her like this." My wolf growls in agreement. We both feel possessive about her even if we shouldn't. We can't help it.

"We need to find that Vampire who is drinking and killing young women. Dress like that I'm the perfect target." She replies making a good point.

"And it's not as if someone will fancy me." She whispers so low that I almost didn't hear it. Almost.

"What did you just say?" I ask.

"Nothing!" She replies quickly, surprised that I heard her.

"Selina, Look at!" I order her using my alpha voice even if I know it's not affecting her but at least she knows I'm serious.

She looks me in the eyes with her big beautiful eyes that make me melt every time. Goddess, She is so tempting and she doesn't even notice it.

"You know you're the most incredible and beautiful woman I have ever met. You're smart, kind-hearted, strong and sexy as hell."

"Still, you don't want me." She says sadness in her voice.

"It's not that. It's complicated. Us together, it's wrong and you know it."

"Tell me what's wrong with me?" She pleads.

"You're Noah's mate. He is my cousin and he used to be my best friend. I can't betray him like that. Every time I want to kiss you, every time I desire you, when I'm feeling possessive, my guilt is eating me alive!"

"He rejected me! And if what you just say is true then we both want that. Nothing is wrong here!" She protests.

"Everything is wrong here! I will not be able to live with myself if we are together. The guilt will be too heavy. Every time I think about you in an inappropriate way, Noah flashes in my mind! You're too much for me!"