11

(Tom)

I have been looking for a fucking clue about who is behind the plot against Selina for a month now and didn't find anything! This is so fucking frustrating! I spent so many times, so many days for what? Nada, niet, rien! Nothing at all! This is my main focus. My only focus actually.

"Or this is your excuse to not think about the awkward situation you are in." My wolf says.

"What are you talking about?" I ask him.

"Yeah, Ignore the elephant in the room!"

"I have no idea what you're talking about!"

"You and Selina, leaving together, cooking for each other, sharing the same bed. You're acting like a couple. And don't tell me you don't have feelings for her. We both know it will be a lie!"

Of course, I have feelings for Selina, we are leaving together and we just clicked together. Everything is so easy between us. But it's not Love. It can't be Love.

"First, it's us and Selina, I'm not the one who purred two nights ago when she fell asleep in our arms. secondly, I know this is confusing! I don't need you to know that. And don't tell, you don't have feelings for her because we both know it will be a lie too." I reply using his argument against him.

He sighs:" I know. I can't help it. She is so great, not perfect, but she is easy to fall in love with. And at the same time, guilt is eating me because she is supposed to be Noah's."

"Yeah, I'm feeling the same way..."

"So focusing on something else is not a bad idea." I add.

"For now..." He says not convinced.

"For now. We will think about that when danger will be dismissed. One problem at the time."

He agrees.

I'm at the Primus Pack for grandpa Franck's birthday. I'm avoiding Noah because we didn't speak since our fight at his birthday party and also because of the guilt about my situation with Selina. I'm drinking in one of the two bars of the town as I need some time alone - and a drink - because being there with everybody and everything is a bit overwhelmed me.

"Hello Tom, what are you doing alone?" Selina says sitting by my side.

Why is she doing here? I know her family was invited but since her 18th birthday, she refused to come when she knew Noah would be here. Noah and grandpa Franck are pretty close so he would miss his birthday party for nothing and Selina knows that. Moreover, she would have told me that she will be here. She smells like her, looks like her but something is off here.

"Yeah, she is off too. Something is wrong with her." My wolf says.

"Hey Princess, what are you doing here?" I ask nonchalantly. I hope...

She smiles at me. My Selina would have rolled her eyes and would have called me Thomas in the second, not smile at me.

"I just wanted to see if you're okay? I mean, you left the party pretty quickly. I know we used to work together but even if it didn't work, I'm still worried about you." She says with a flirting smile.

Rumors say I worked as Selina's assistant and after as she was too demanding, we fought and I quite. Other rumors say she hired because she was pitying my mate's situation.

"This is not Selina!" My wolf growls.

"Shut up Captain Obvious! It might be the clue we're looking for so better play along with this impostor. So we need to be calm." I scold him.