Chapter 1: Hobbits?

Hope's POV:

I searched for the answer to get back home for two and a half years. I met Gandalf and he helped me adjust to being a witch in Middle Earth. Middle Earth is filled with more magic that my earth. I've grown in power significantly since I've been here. He also knows what a werewolf is.

Well, they're called shifters here. They haven't been seen in 3,000 years and most have forgotten about them. He says that I should only refer to myself as a werewolf because those who do know what shifters are will not hesitate to strike at me.

I've made a few more friends as well. Arwen, Elrond's daughter, Legolas, an elven prince that I met a two years back, and of course my best friend, Aragorn. He's a human who is a friend to both Arwen and Legolas. I met him a week after I arrived in Rivendell and we hit it off instantly.

The only people who know what I am are Elrond, Gandalf, Arwen, Legolas, and Aragorn. I trust them. It's been half a year since I gave up on trying to find a way home to my friends and family. I've been training with Legolas, Aragorn, and Gandalf. Each has taught me a different skill set.

Legolas taught me archery, Aragorn taught me how to fight with a sword, and Gandalf has been teaching me the magic of Middle Earth. He has become a father figure to me here. Him along with Elrond. All in all I've made the best of my situation here.

Right now I am walking back to my room from the library with books in my hands when I run into Arwen. "Hope, I need you to come with me." She says. She has a frantic look in her eyes. She is wearing a cloak and has one in her hands. "Why? What's wrong?" I ask.

"No time to explain. We must hurry." She says. Knowing I should just trust her and move on I nod, setting the books on a near by bench I grab the cloak from her hands. We race off towards the stables. I grab my horse and Arwen grabs hers.

Once on I follow her through the forest and soon we are outside of Rivendell. I've never left Rivendell. It's too dark now to enjoy it. "Arwen, where are we going??" I ask her. "Aragorn is in need of our help. We must make haste." She says. I shut up after that.

I'll never get used to how everyone here talks. It's old, like how my family used to talk a thousand years ago. It takes two days, but we reach finally wherever it is we are going. Arwen quickly dismounts. There are three torches lit around us. "Come my friend." She says.

I nod and follow her. We come to the first torch to find three little men. One looks to be in very bad shape. "Hope, try your blood." She tells me. I nod and walk over to him. I kneel by his side. "Who the bloody hell are you two? What are you doing to my friend?" One of the men asks.

"I'm trying to heal him." I say. I bite down on my wrist and then place it to the deathly looking one's mouth. My blood trickles in and some color returns to his face, but he doesn't look too much better. "It's not working." I say.

"Your blood is healing the exterior wound, but his wound is in his soul. Go find Aragorn." She tells me. I nod, standing to my feet. I run off towards the first torch. I guess I'm lucky, it's him and I got it on the first try.

Deciding to mess with him while he is kneeling by the plants I unsheathe my sword quietly and place it at his neck. He stiffens. "What's this? The great Strider caught off his guard?" I tease. He looks at me a smirks.

"Well you caught me at a bad time I guess." He says, cutting his plant and standing up. I sheathe my sword. "Come on, Arwen is with that small guy." I say. He laughs as we walk back. "They're called Hobbits." He explains to me. Hobbits? I just shrug. They have weird creatures here.

We finally reach Arwen who is kneeling over the Hobbit. "He is fading quickly. We must get him to my father." She says. Aragorn places the plant in the Hobbit's wound. "There are five wraiths behind you, where the other four are I do not know." She says. Wraiths?

I thought Gandalf made those things up. Guess I was wrong. Aragorn lifts the Hobbit onto Arwen's horse and she follows quickly. I mount my own horse. The two of them then begin to talk in elvish and I have no idea what they're saying. I'll have Aragorn teach me sometime.

The other Hobbits look at me confused. "What are they saying?" One asks. "No idea." I tell them. "I do not fear them. Besides, Hope will be safe with me and I with her. Frodo will be safe as well." She says. Aragorn glances back at me.

"I think you should stay here Hope, with me and the Hobbits." He says. "I'm sorry, but I need to go with Arwen. If we run into the wraiths I can help. She needs to focus on the Hobbit." I say. He sighs and I know that I won this argument. Aragorn walks over and grabs my hand.

"You two need to ride hard and ride fast." He says, looking me dead in the eye. I feel my cheeks heat up. I nod. With that we take off. We continue to ride even when light starts to peak through the clouds. It's midday when I hear screeching behind us and I know the wraiths are on our tail.

We're almost to the river. "I can get them if we make it to the river." I yell to Arwen over the wind. "We must push ourselves to make it that far my friend." She says. I nod and urge my horse to go faster. We're racing through a forest when I see the wraiths for the first time. My eyes widen.

They have a presence of death about them. It's cold and unnerving. "Faster Hope, ride faster." Arwen calls to me. I nod once more and continue to push my horse. The wraiths start screeching and with my sensitive werewolf hearing it hurts. They are right on our tails. Well, Arwen's tail.

Her horse is slowed by the presence of two people on it. A wraith reaches out for Frodo, the Hobbit. NO! "Incendia." I mutter, sending fire at the wraith. He screeches and pulls his hand back. "Thank you Hope." Arwen calls. We finally reach the river and cross it. The wraiths hesitate.

"Taunt them." I whisper to her. We need them in the river. "Give up the Halfling She-elf." A wraith screeches. Arwen and I draw our swords. "If you want him, come and claim him." Arwen taunts. They screech loudly before going to cross the river. My turn.

"Confuso fatina, ignos et ignos mortifina. Confuso fatina, ignos et ignos mortifina. Confuso fatina, ignos et ignos mortifina. Confuso fatina, ignos et ignos mortifina. Confuso fatina, ignos et ignos mortifina. Confuso fatina, ignos et ignos mortifina." I chant.

The water rushed towards up and soon there is nothing left of the wraiths in the water. "Good work my friend. Now we must continue to rush. Frodo does not have much time."She says. I nod my head and we take off again.

When we reach Rivendell Arwen leaps from her horse with Frodo in her arms and runs off to find her father. I take both of our horses back to the stable and make sure they rest and are fed. As I pet my horse I start to wonder why the wraiths were after Frodo.

What have we gotten ourselves into?