Chapter 26: A True Tribrid

Hope's POV:

When I wake up I feel different. There is light shining through what I assume is a window. I open my eyes to see I'm laying on a cot. I hear people talking. "She's dead Aragorn. I do not think that it is decent to keep the body of a dead girl. She should be buried." A voice says. Theoden I think.

"She's not dead, any minute now she's going to wake up." Aragorn snaps. "As much as I want that to be true, it is not. People don't come back from the dead." He says. "She does." "Aragor-" "You should listen to him." I groan, my voice hoarse. 

The two of them whip their heads around to see me. Aragorn look s relieved while Theoden looks horrified. Aragorn rushes to my side. "How do you feel?" He asks. "Hungry." I say. "For-" "Yes, but it has to be mine. If you check my pack there should be a vile in there. Grab that." I say. 

He nods and rushes over to what I assume are my things. When he comes back he has a vile filled to the brim with crimson liquid. I take it from him and uncork it, drinking. It. I feel the change almost immediately. I feel stronger, the wounds on my body from the battle are gone. 

I then feel something shift on my face. Theoden backs up quickly. "What kind of demon are you?" He asks. I swing my legs over the edge of the bed and stand up. He looks shocked that I'm even standing right now. Granted, I was dead. 

"I told you what I was. I'm a hybrid of three creatures. A werewolf, a witch, and, now, I'm a vampire. I am immortal, I'm strong, I'm fast. A true tribrid. I gave up my mortal life to save this place so I would appreciate more than 'what demon are you'? I'm your ally, treat me like it." 

He nods. "Come, Gandalf would like to speak with you." He says. I nod and follow him out of the room. I take this time to notice that, one, I'm still wearing my armor, and two, even with my enhanced senses, everything is now ten times clearer. Then something else hits me. 

I can hear the blood pumping in every single person here. I feel my face shift as the veins appear under my eyes. Aragorn goes to hold my hand, but I yank it away. "Don't, I don't want to hurt you. I haven't really fed and I'm hungry. I need to hunt." I say. 

"Animal? I thought vampires drink human blood." "They do, but I don't want to hurt anyone. I would drink orc blood, but I'm pretty sure all that will do is make me sick." I say. He nods. "You can always drink from me." 

"No, I don't know my control and if I lose it and you die I could never forgive myself." I tell him. He nods. "I just want you at full strength love." He says. I nod stiffly. The urge to hunt is hitting me harder than I could have ever imagined.

When we reach Gandalf in the stables he can already tell I'm struggling. "I thought you might be hungry. Here." He says, handing me a flask. I look at him, confused. "Blood of an animal we killed for food on the way here. Not human, but it'll satiate you long enough." He says. 

I nod and take the flask, opening it. I drink it quickly. The blood tastes different, sweeter. Soon it's gone and I hand the flask back to Gandalf. "Thank you." I say. "Of course, now, we're heading out." He says, climbing onto his horse. I look over at Bell and smile. 

I grab a saddle and reigns and climb on to her back. It's hard because as soon as I touch her I could hear her blood pumping, but I close my eyes and take a few breaths, trying to calm down my rapid growing hunger. Even though I just ate, I still want more. 

Once everyone in out company is ready we ride out. I have no idea where we're going, but I know that it's another fight. This war is not over. We reach the crest of the hill before anyone says anything. 

"The Battle of Helms Deep is finished the Battle for Middle Earth is about to begin. All our hopes lie in two little Hobbits." He says. "Do you think they'll succeed?" I ask him, wanting know if we actually have a shot at this. 

"I don't know Hope, I do not know. All I can tell you is that, for the sake of Middle Earth, they have to. We're doomed if they fail." He says. I nod and look back at Aragorn. He's already looking at me. "Are you alright?" He asks I nod. 

"Hungry still, but that's never going to go away. I just need to control it." I say. "I have faith you will my love." He says, smiling at me. I smile back. Then, hesitantly, I reach for his hand. He immediately takes mine in his and squeezes it firmly. "How do you feel?" I nod. 

"I'm fine for now. I feel it stronger now, but it's not unbearable. I just don't think we should kiss for a little while though, just to be on the safe side." "I'd risk my life to kiss you Hope." He says. I look down and let go of his hand. 

"You shouldn't have to though. You should be able to kiss me without fearing that I'll suck you dry." I say. "I don't fear it because I know you. You said when you become a vampire everything is heightened. You are powerful, beautiful, loyal, kind, and protective." He says. 

"What does that have to do with anything?" "None of those thing heightened cause me to fear you, they make me respect you even more than I do now which is saying a lot." He says. "How can you not fear me?" "Because I love you." I take his hand again. "I love you too." 

With that we follow the others are we continue on our journey, where ever we're going. I just hope that we're enough to defend this place until Frodo and Sam can destroy the ring. I have to have hope.