Chapter 13: Kisses and Fears

Hope's POV:

As soon as my lips touched his I could feel him tense. I shouldn't have done that. Galadriel was wrong. I'm so stupid. I go to pull away, but in an instant his arm is around my waist, pulling me closer to him and he is kissing back. My hands fly to his hair and I run my fingers though it.

The world seems to disappear and it is only the two of us. When I finally pull away for air he is looking at me with so much love in his eyes. I realize something. When we were together he wasn't looking at Arwen with love, he was looking at me.

"You do not know how long I've wanted to do that." He whispers to me. I smile at him. "Well then man up next time and make the first move." I tease. He laughs wholeheartedly. "I love you Hope." He tells me. I smile widely. "I love you too Aragorn." I say.

He then pulls me into another mind blowing kiss. "Finally." At the voice we pull away. Legolas is standing behind me, smirking at the two of us. I am blushing profusely. "W-we were just-" I stutter, but it's no use.

"Save your explanations. I've known of your love for each other before either of you realized it yourselves." He says. I glare playfully at him. "Now, as much as I love that you two have told each other of your feelings you need to rest. Tomorrow we leave and it is going to be a long day."

I nod, knowing that he is right. With that he leaves. "He's right you know. Go, get some rest. I'll see you in the morning." Aragorn tells me. I smile and go on my toes to peck him on the lips. "Goodnight." With that I walk over to my room. As soon as I enter I let out an unbelieving laugh.

He loves me too. I though what I had with Landon was love, but it wasn't. It was attraction. With Aragorn I know that what I feel is love. It's the epic love Aunt Caroline tells me about. I'm still smiling as I shed my robe and climb into the small bed in the tree room.

I am still smiling as I drift off into a peaceful sleep. The next morning I wake up to someone shaking me. I turn over to find Pippin smiling down at me. It scared me so much that I accidentally send him into the wall with my magic. "Ow." "Sorry." He walks back over to me.

"Hurry up and get ready Hope, we're meeting the Lord and Lady in half an hour before we leave. Also, they told me to tell you, your clothes are at the foot of the bed. Hurry now." He says, all the time smiling. Once he is out of the tree I climb out of bed and grab the clothes at the foot of it.

They're softer than the ones Arwen gave me. I quickly slip them on. I take my hair and brush it our before pulling two pieces from the front. I french braid them till the back and then twist those into a bun. Half up half down. I realize now that I don't have a cloak.

(A/N: Legging under the dress and the cloak is given to her later with the others)

Oh well I slip on my bow and quiver as well as strapping my sword to my waist and then I notice something sitting on top of my backpack. I walk over to it. It's an extra set of these clothes. They're for if I shift again. I smile and stuff them into my bag.

Underneath the extra clothes is what appears be armor. I smile. If I'm going to fight in a bigger battle, I'm assuming that they don't have female armor. I shove that in the bag as well. Once everything is inside. I sling it over my shoulder and exit the room.

The boys are waiting outside for me. Aragorn smiles at me as I walk out. I smile back, but I can tell I'm blushing. about what happened last night. I walk over to them. "Ready?" Aragorn asks me. I nod, smiling up at him. We walk to where we met with Celeborn and Galadriel last night.

The trip is short, but it's peaceful. I will miss this. I can only hope the peace around us will last long, but I know that it won't and that terrifies me. I'm tired of being scared for those I love, but I can't help it.

I've always been the most powerful one in the room, but Middle Earth has showed me that that will not always be true here. I now know why my father put everything himself after I was born. He loved me and thought he was with only one capable of saving me.

"You alright?" Aragorn asks me in a whisper. I nod and give him a tight lipped smile. "No you are not, tell me what you are thinking about." He says. I sigh. "My father. Also in my world I was fearless, I was the most powerful creature in the room at all times, but here it's different." I say.

"How so?" "It makes me think of why my father changed when my mother had me. He had something to lose and there were creatures more powerful than him. He needed to protect me, but he didn't know if he could. I've never been scared, but this entire quest has me terrified."

"It is not a crime to be afraid." He says. "I know, but it's different for me. I don't like it." I say. "It is not a pleasant feeling. But it's one thing to not be scared about what you are walking into, it is another to do something even when you are scared. It just shows how brave you are." He says.

I smile up at him. "Thank you. For everything." "Of course. I will always be here to reassure you. What was that phrase you always say?" He asks. I smile. "Always and forever."