Chapter 2: Everyone Arrives, Time for a Party

Hope's POV:

A few days after mine and Arwen's return Aragorn arrives with the rest of the Hobbits. I learned their names are Merry, Pippin, and Sam. "You are very beautiful my lady." Sam says, blushing a little. I smile down at him. "Thank you, and call me Hope. I am not a lady." I say.

They all nod before an attendant comes and escorts them off to get changed. "Why do you refuse the title Lord Elrond has offered you?" Aragorn asks. "I'm not above anyone so why give me a title?" I ask. He smiles at me and leads me to one of the benches to sit.

"Like it or not you are Lady Hope Mikaelson." He says. "You know in my world that's not how that works. You have to be born into it." I say. He laughs. "Yes well, that is how it works here. Now come, Legolas is set to arrive today." He says. My eyes widen.

"Why was I not told that he was coming in the first place?" I ask. Confused on why neither Elrond nor Arwen had not told me that my other best friend was is coming. I've missed the elven prince. It's been half a year since I've seen him.

We walk together to the front gates just as the blonde prince rides in. He jumps off his mount and turns to look at us. I smile and the two of us walk up to him. "Hope." he says when we get closer. "It's been a long time." I say. "Too long my friends." He states. "Of course." Aragorn says.

"Come on, let's go catch up." I say. They nod and with that the three of us go off from everyone else to talk and catch up. We talk for what feels like hours. Trading stories back and forth. When Arwen find us all three of us are laughing.

"I hate to interrupt this merry affair, but I need to borrow Hope. Also boys I think you two should be getting ready." She says. I look at her confused. "Ready for what?" I ask. "You do not know?" Legolas asks. I shake my head.

"Tonight there is a party to celebrate those who now join us." Arwen explains. My eyes widen. I've never been to one of Elrond's parties. I usually skip out. "Do I have to go?" I ask. Arwen smiles at me.

"Of course you do, now come, we must get ready for tonight's festivities." She says, grabbing my hand and leading me away from the other two. I groan. I'm not a party person. The most I think I did at home was the twins 16th birthday and Miss Mystic Falls cause Lizzie made me.

I turn back to them and mouth 'help me'. They just laugh and wave me off. Jerks. I am lead to Arwen's personal chambers and am seated at her vanity. Over the past three years my hair has grown out, making it reach a few inches above my waist.

Once I am settled Arwen starts brushing out my hair, making it soft and smooth. I have to admit, the shampoo that they have here in Middle Earth is far superior to the shampoo in my world. I haven't had a bad hair day since I've gotten here.

Once my hair is brushed out Arwen pulls a few pieces in front and braids them back, pinning them with a clip. She them adds flowers all around my hair. Once she is done she smiles at me, pleased with my work. "You are very beautiful indeed Hope." She tells me softly. I smile at her.

"Thank you Arwen, for everything." I say, glancing at my reflecting. I then turn away froth mirror. "Well, I'm going to leave you to do your own hair. I'm going to go change." I inform her. She nods and I exit her room, going next door to my own. Once inside I go to my massive wardrobe.

I start to sift through all the beautiful dresses I have acquired in my stay here. I finally pick out a beautiful dress. It's silver with moon designs on it. I remember Arwen giving it to me when I told her about what the werewolf curse usually entails. I smile and slip it on.

It hugs my waist but is just as loose as all my other elven dresses

It hugs my waist but is just as loose as all my other elven dresses. Once everything is in place I look myself over in the mirror. I look ethereal. It reminds me of the drawings my father has of a few of the women he's fancies over the years. More specifically in the earlier times.

Sadness fills me. If only he could see me now. He'd say I look like the princess I was born to be. Hope Mikaelson, Princess of New Orleans. Daughter of the King Niklaus Mikaelson. I smile sadly. I do really miss him. I'm just standing there looking at myself when there is a knock on my door.

"Come in." I call. I turn as my door opens, revealing Aragorn dressed in a grey tunic. It's strange. I rarely see him like this. He's always in his ranger outfit. He smiles at me. "You look beautiful Hope." He tells me. I blush and smile at him.

"You don't look too bad yourself." I smirk, walking closer to him. It's true. Aragorn in a handsome man, but I'm almost sure he's in love with Arwen. I mean. Every time the three of us are together I can see the love he has for her in his eyes.

"What are you doing here? Shouldn't you be next door escorting Arwen down?" I ask. He scrunches his eyebrows. "Surely you don't still believe that I see Arwen that way do you? You've thought that for nearly three years." He says, linking my arm with his as we exit my room.

"Oh please, it's obvious." I say. "You are very intelligent Hope as well as observant, but in your observations of my love you are blind." He says. "What does that mean?" I ask. Stupid fancy language. He laughs.

"Nothing to worry about. But I'd rather be escorting you like I am now than escorting Arwen. Trust me." He says. I give him my 'I don't believe you' look, but let the matter go. "Fine, well then good sir, let us be off." I say. He laughs at this and we continue our trek to the party.