Chapter 23: Hope, the Goddess of Victory

Hope's POV:

"Hope?" My whole body freezes. Impossible. He's dead. I saw him go over. Slowly I set the buckets down and turn around. My breath is taken away by the sight in front of me. I have trouble breathing as more tears enter my eyes. Only this time they are tears of joy.

In front of me stands a very beaten, yet very alive Aragorn. Without hesitation I sprint towards him. When I reach him I am enveloped into him arms and I pull him into the most passionate kiss we've ever shared. I kiss him with all I have.

My hands tangle in his hair and his squeeze my waist tightly, as if afraid to let go. Out lips move together his perfect sync. When we finally pull away to breath I grasp his face in my hands. I'm shaking and tears are pouring out of my eyes. "H-how? I-I saw you go over." I sob.

"I thought I was a goner too, but one thing kept me going. I thought of you the entire time we were apart. I had no idea if you were even alive. It terrified me." He says. I gape at him in surprise and awe. I terrified him?

"Terrified you? I thought I watched you plummet to your death and you were worried about me? You stupid, stupid man. God I love you so much." I say, pulling him in to another passionate kiss. He pulls away this time. "Hope, there is something you ought to know." He says.

My brows scrunch in confusion. "What? Is everything ok?" I ask. He shakes his head. "What's wrong?" "There's an entire Uruk-Hai army headed this way." He says. "What's an Uruk-Hai?" I ask, confused.

"The creature that you believed to be an overgrown orc. The type that killed Boromir." He says. My eyes widen. "An entire army?" I ask. He nods. "And Theoden will not call for help. The women and children are being sent into the cave. I already know your opinion on that." He says. I scoff.

"There is no chance in hell I'm going into that cave." I say. He sighs. "I know." He pulls my into an embrace, like he's afraid to let go. When we pull away I look him over. He looks horrible. "You look half dead, here." I say, offering my wrist. He smile softly and pushes it away.

"If I am to die I would not like to wake up a different species." He says. I lower my arm. "Fine, I'll do it the other way then." I say. I place both hands on either side of his face. "Asinta Mulaf Hinto, Sho Bala." I chant. More color comes to his face and he smiles at me.

"I feel better already my love." He says, I smile and kiss his quickly one last time. "I'm going to feed Belle then I will meet you up top." I say. He nods, kissing me on the forehead, before leaving the stables. I walk over to Bell's stall and set out her food and water.

Once I'm done I make my way to the surface. I find all the boys and men in the keep in the armory. I look for Aragorn when I hear him yell out, "THEN I SHALL DIE AS ONE OF THEM!" My heart stops. I don't know what I would do if he died for real this time. It hurt too much last time.

I couldn't do it again. I walk over to find Legolas. "I'm worried for him." He tells me. I sigh and place my hand on his shoulder. "So am I. I'm worried for everyone here." I say. He nods as well. He then looks like he's had an idea. He turns to me. "Can you do a barrier spell?" He asks.

My eyes widen. "Are you kidding me? Do you know what you're asking me to do? A barrier spell would be fine if there were only a few of us, but we're protecting an entire keep. I'd die before that spell was completed. It's too much magic. I'd have to channel over a hundred witches."

He sighs. "You're right. I just feel so useless." He says. I smile softly and place my hand on his shoulder. "I know." I say. I then see Aragorn. "I'll see you later." I say. He nods and I walk over to the man. "You know he's only worried for you, right? Hell, I'm worried." I say.

"I know." He mutters. I pull his face into both of my hands. "Hey, I know how you feel ok? I do. But instead of lashing out at your friend you should be clearing your mind for battle. If you go out there angry then you'll be no good to anyone." I say.

He sighs and pulls my hands down and grasps them. "I know. I'll clear my head, I'll find the good." He says. "Thank you. Now, I'm headed down to the cave for a little bit. I'm going to cast the calming spell over the women. It'll help them relax. Take their mind off things." I say.

He nods. I give him a small kiss on the lips before making my way down there. When I get down there I find Eowyn. "Hope." She says, shocked to see me. "Are they not letting you fight either?" She asks. I smile.

"They are, I just thought I'd help. Gather all the women and children and place them in front of me. I'm going to do a calming spell." I tell her. She nods and goes to gather everyone. Once everyone is in place I stand tall. I make a bird figure with my hands.

"Papilio lux." I say, fluttering my hands out over the crowd. I see their tired and sad faces brighten slightly as the spell washes over them. One older woman stands up. "Who are you my Lady?" She asks. "My name is Hope Mikaelson." I say.

"Are you going to fight with the men?" Another asks, standing. I nod. "I am." One woman, and older woman stands. "Thank you Lady Hope. Now, make them pay for what they did to us. Give them hell." She says firmly. There is a nod from the other women. I nod, standing straighter.

"Oh, I will. They've taken from me too and I don't take what they've done lightly. They will suffer for their cruelty. They will know why they should not have come after us. When I'm through with them, they will wish they were never created. That I can assure you." I state firmly.

A hard glare sets itself in place. The woman smile at me. The old lady of before starts singing something in a language I do not know. Soon all the women are singing it. "What are they singing about?" I ask Eowyn. She smile.

"They sing of how the mighty will fall to the one who fights with love and not hate. They are singing about you. They are calling you a goddess. Hope, the goddess of Victory." She says. I stand there in shock. What? Me? "Why?" I ask.

"Because you have come and give yourself to them even though you are not one of them. You are powerful. They say that the men have their gods and we women are just supposed to accept that. They are forgoing a new path where a woman steps up and leads the men to victory."

I smile. "And so I will."