Chapter 27: We Confront Saruman

Hope's POV:

We're about 3 days into the trip and I now know we're going to a newly destroyed Isengard. When we get there there are two people I didn't expect to be there. "Welcome my Lords and Lady Hope, of course, to Isengard." Merry says. They're high, wonderful. "You young rascals!"

I laugh as Gimli continues to yell at them for scaring us they way they had. I'm just happy they're alive. I don't know what I would have done if they didn't make it. "We are sitting on a field of victory, enjoying a few well earned comforts." Pippin says. I laugh. I've really missed these two.

"We're under orders, from Treebeard, who has taken over management." Merry says. "Come with us." Pip exclaims, jumping up. We ride out horses until we come to the water. They look at me and I nod. I haven't done magic since I died. I take a deep breath. 

"Confuso fatina, ignos et ignos mortifina." I say, raising my hands. The water copies what I want it to do and parts down the middle. It kind of feels like the old story from the Christian bible about Moses parting the Red Sea. Aragorn looks at me with a brow raised. "What?" 

"What's so funny?" He asks. "It's nothing, just something from my world." I say. He nods. Once everyone is through I make water evaporate rapidly so we don't have to deal with it. When I catch up to Gandalf  and the rest of our small party they are talk to a tree. Yeah, a tree. 

"Let's just cut off his head and be done with it." I hear Gimli say as I approach. "No, we need him alive. We need him to talk." Gandalf says. "You have fought many wars and slain many men, Theoden King. Can we not have council like we once did, my old friend. Can we not have peace?" 

We look up and there stands Saruman. I glare at him. I feel the veins, but I see a gold tint to my vision. My hybrid eyes. I hate this man with a passion. If I could I would rip out his throat right now I feel a hand on mine and I whip around to snarl at the owner. I stop when I see it's Aragorn. 

"We shall have peace. We shall have peace when you have answered for the burning of the westfold, for the children that lie dead there. We shall have peace when the lives of the dead soldiers are avenged. When you hang for the sport of your own crows. We shall have peace." 

Theoden is angry now. "What do you want Gandalf Greyheim?" He asks. He then lists off what I assume are valueble things, but Gandalf is having none of it. "Your treachery has already cost many lives. Thousands more are now at risk, but you could save those Saruman." He won't do it.

"You were deep in the enemy's council." Gandalf finishes. "So you have come here for information? I have some for you." With that Saruman holds out an orb. What is that thing? Gandalf looks concerned.

"Something festers in the heart of Middle Earth. Something that you have failed to see. The great eye has seen it. Even now, he presses his advantage. His attack is going to come soon. We are all going to die." He says. I look around and everyone has an unsure look on their face now. 

"But you know of this Gandalf. You cannot think the this ranger would ever sit upon the throne of Gondor. This exile crept from the shadows will never be crowned King." I glare at him, but Aragorn just squeezes my hand tightly. 

"Gandalf does not hesitate to sacrifice those closest to him. Those he professes to love. Tell me, what words did you give the halfling before he was sent off to his doom? The path you have set him on can only lead to death." "I've heard enough. Shoot him." Gimli tells Legolas who reaches for his bow. "No. Come down Saruman and your life will be spared." Gandalf tells him. 

"Save your pity and your mercy, I have to use for it." With that Saruman sends a wave of fire towards us. I vamp speed off of my horse and get in front of my friends. "Adiuuatur."  I say right as the fire hits. It goes out immediately. 

Behind Saruman and what appears to be Grima Wormtounge. Still a disgusting name. "Saruman, your staff if broken." The staff explodes in his hands. "Grima, you need not follow him. You were not always like this. You were one a man of Rohan." Theoden says. 

Grima goes to bow. "What's Rohan but a blanched barn full of drunkards. The victory at Helms Deep does not belong to you Theoden Horse master." "Grima, come now, be free of him." He says, ignoring Saruman. "Free, he will never be free." He then back hands him. 

"Saruman, you are deep in the enemy's council. Tell us what you know." Gandalf says. In the distance I hear the unsheathing of a blade. Grima, he's angry. I take off, following Saruman's voice. "You withdraw your guard and I will tell you where your doom will be decided." He says. 

I get to the top right as Grima starts stabbing Saruman. I race over and sink my teeth into his neck, draining him. He slowly stop fighting and goes limp in my hands. I pull away, blood running from my mouth, eyes hybrid gold with veins underneath them. 

Saruman is dead though and he falls from the tower. I race back down. Legolas hands me a handkerchief to wipe may mouth. I do. I feel stronger. I've been living off the blood of animals even since my transition. 

"Send word to all our allies and to every corner of Middle Earth that still stands free. If the enemy moves against us, we need to know where he will strike." Gandalf says. With that the wheel that Saruman fell on starts to turn in the only bit of water left. 

"The filth of Saruman is washing away." The tree says. Pippin hops off Gandalf's horse and race over to the wheel, going to grab something, but Gandalf stops him, grabbing the orb himself, concealing it so it can't do any harm. "Come, we must get back to Edoras." Gandalf says. We nod. 

I climb back on to my horse and once everyone's ready, we take off.