Chapter 15: The Fall of Boromir, Steward Prince of Gondor

Hope's POV:

The next morning we wake up early and set off down the river once more. I'm getting really tired of these boats. After a long time rowing Aragorn taps my shoulder and points up. I look to see two giant stone statues of men. "What are those?" I ask.

"The Argonath. Long have I desired to look upon the Kings of old. My kin" He whispers in my ears. I smile as I gaze up at them. They are beautiful. When we get past them we come upon a winder stretch of river. At the end is a water fall.

When we get close however, we row to shore. I stand and get out then help Frodo out. It feels good to stretch my legs. Sam immediately starts a fire and begins cooking while Aragorn and Boromir grab things from the boats.

"We'll cross the lake at nightfall. Hide the boats and continue on foot. We'll approach Mordor from the East." Aragorn announces. I hear Gimli start to complain, but block him out when I see Sam struggling to light the fire. I walk over. He's getting pretty frustrated at this point.

I place my hand on his should and he looks up. "Let me." I say. He sighs, then nods and backs up."Incendia." I mutter. The logs erupt in flames and I smile at my handy work. "Thank you Hope." He says, smiling at me. I nod and go over to help Boromir with the boats.

I notice Aragorn talking with Legolas in a hushed voice. Concerned I leave Boromir to walk up to them. "What are you two whispering about?" I ask. They turn to face me. "I'm worried that we have more to fear than orcs." Legolas says. I scrunch my eyebrows. "More? Like what?"

"I don't know." The elf says solemnly. I sigh. "Well we'll just have to be on guard at all times. We'll be at even more of a disadvantage if we let our guard down." I tell them. They both nod in agreement. Knowing that there is nothing we can do if we don't know what we're dealing with.

"Where's Frodo?" I suddenly hear Merry says. My head whips around. "Where's Boromir?" I ask, eyes wide. No, no, no, no, no! "Split up! We'll cover more ground. Find both of them." Aragorn says. We all nod, grabbing our weapons and racing towards the trees.

I am soon engulfed in woods. I stop running at some point and calm down. I use my werewolf senses to search instead. I hear the others rushing around trying to find them. Then I hear it. Boromir crying out. He sounds like he's in pain. He's repeating Frodo's name.

I rush to the sound of the voice to find Boromir on the ground, looking unbelievably devastated. I skid to my knees at his side. "Boromir? Boromir what happened?" I ask, scared of his answer. He looks severely sincere.

"The Ring took me. It was like I didn't have control. I attacked him and he disappeared. I'm so sorry. I'm so sorry." He cries. I pull him into a hug. "It's ok, it wasn't you, you're fine." I mutter. I then hear it. Orcs. I see something glint in the sunlight. I look to see Frodo's protection bracelet.

He's vulnerable now. "Orcs, come on get up, pull yourself together, the others need us. You want to make it up to Frodo, go protect him." I say, hauling Boromir to his feet and grabbing the bracelet. He nods, shaking his head, trying to clear it.

"Come on." I say, drawing my new elven sword. We start running towards where I believe Gimli, Legolas, and Aragorn are when I see Pippin and Merry emerge from a bush. They have no one to protect them! "Come on!" I yell at the man, running towards the two.

For some dumb reason they start beckoning the orcs their way then they start running. I push myself to run harder. When I finally get to the orcs following Pippin and Merry and I start slicing through them.

I also let out some of my pent up anger and start throwing random spells at the orcs, killing them instantly. Boromir and I finally reach them right as an orc is about to slice through them. "Corporis impetus!" I yell, flinging my hand and throwing the orc backwards.