Chapter 24: Haldir to the Rescue

Hope's POV:

When I leave the cave I make for an empty room in which I take my pack and grab the armor Galadriel gave me. I put it on. It fits perfectly and is lightweight. I pull my hair into a braid at the back of my head. Once that is done I check my neck to find all four of my necklaces in tact. 

I walk over to my circlet and slip in on my head. As soon as it's on I can feel a type of power emitting from it. What? I've never felt this before. 'Celebrían was a witch who used magic to heal people. This will amplify any and all power you have. Good luck Hope Mikaelson.'

I smile as I hear Galadriel's familiar voice in my head. Suddenly I hear the door open I turn to see Aragorn. His eyes widen. "You look like a true warrior my love." He says, walking over to me. I smile at him. 

"Why thank you. Although I do admit, it's weird wearing armor. At least it's not heavy." I say. He just smile and leans down, placing a kiss on my lips. "Please be careful out there." He says. I just smile. "You do not need to worry about me, I will be fine. It's you I'm worried about." I reveal. 

"You worries are not necessary." He says. I shake my head. "But they are. I thought I lost you once and that almost broke me. I can't lose you for good." I say. He pulls me to his chest. "I will be as careful as possible." He reassures. I nod, not feeling even a little better. 

I've lost so much, I can't lose Aragorn too. After a second of standing there holding each other we pull away when the door bursts wide open. Legolas walks. "Are you two ready?" He asks. We both nod. "Let us go, the men are lining up on the walls already." He tells us. We follow after him. 

We actually run into Gimli on our way out. He's having trouble putting on the armor and when he does get it on it's way to big on him. He looks at us, embarrassed "It's a little tight around the chest." He says, trying to justify it. I smile at the dwarf. Suddenly we hear horns in the distance. 

"That is no orc horn." Legolas proclaims before running off. Confused the rest of us follow after him. When we get outside I grin at what I see. A legion of elves are here, led by Haldir, the elf from Lothlórien. I look up at Aragorn who looks relieved as well. 

Maybe we stand an actual chance at winning this. We walk the rest of the way down the steps to meet Haldir, Aragorn in the front. He says something in elvish before pulling him into a hug, I can tell that he wasn't expecting a hug though because of his face. 

"You are most welcome." Aragorn says. "We are honored to fight alongside men once more." He says. "Come we must prepare, the uruk-hai will be here soon." Legolas says. Haldir nods and then begins to give instructions to the soldiers behind him. 

Once they know what to do they set about taking their place on the wall, preparing their bows. Once everyone is ready, we wait. Soon I can hear the army marching towards us and soon after that I can see it. It's huge. Fear starts to creep in. How are we going to defeat an army this big? 

For a second Aragorn wonders off to go consult the King. Gimli is not having it. "You could have picked a better spot." He tells us, angry that he can't see over the wall. I roll my eyes while Legolas smirks. I elbow him. He picked this spot on purpose. Aragorn then returns. 

"Your friends are with you Aragorn." "Let's hope they last the night." Gimli says. I grab his hand. He squeezes it tightly before leaving again, this time I don't know where he's going. He's scared. We all are. Suddenly lightning flashes. Is it going to rain? This won't make anything harder at all. 

Note my sarcasm. Just as this happens rain drops begin to fall hard. Perfect. The uruk-hai army comes to a halt. Gimli is jumping to try and see what's going on. "What's happening out there?" He asks. "Shall I describe it to you or shall I find you a box?" Legolas asks. Gimli and I both laugh. 

I take my hand and raise it a little, muttering an incantation. The brick under Gimli's feet raises in a square step. He looks at me gratefully. "Thank you Hope." I nod my reply. The leader cries out again the the uruk-hair begin banging their spears on the ground. 

I look to my right and see Aragorn unsheathe his sword. This is it. Legolas and I load our bows with the rest of the archers, waiting for Aragorn to signal us to fire. Suddenly an arrow flies from one of the men, impaling itself into the neck of the one of the uruk-hai. 

We all look at him, horrified. Well, he just started this war. I just hope that the rest of us can finish it. Angry, the rest of the uruk-hai charge forward. After a second, Aragorn give the signal and we fire our arrows right into the oncoming army. I fire arrow after arrow. 

"Send them to me! Come on!" Gimli yells. I try not to laugh. Then the uruk-hai begin firing crossbows in retaliation. Then they get the ladders coming. I put my bow away and raise my arms towards the one coming towards us. "Vados!" I yell. 

The uruk-hai and the ladders near me explode in white hot flames. The fiery creatures fall into the army, burning them. It's not enough because now they're over the wall. I get out my sword and start fighting. Men around me are dying rapidly. 

My adrenaline is pumping though and I cut through several uruk-hai in the first wave. Let the battle begin.