Chapter 5: The Fellowship of the Ring

Hope's POV:

The noise continues on, but I pick one voice out of the mix. One I did not expect to hear. Frodo's. "I'll take it!" No one hears him. "I'll take it!" He yells again, nothing. "Hey." I say. No one stops. Everyone just needs to stop! I can't think. Usually I can stay calm, but they're being irrational.

I'm pissed off now. I stand. "What are you doing?" Aragorn asks. "Just watch." I say. I turn back to the group. "I said HEY!" I yell, this time a shock wave of power goes over everyone. They stop and turn to look between me and Gandalf. They probably think he cast that. Idiots.

"I'll take the Ring to Mordor. Though, I do not know the way." Frodo says, this time everyone hears him. "I will help you bear this burden, Frodo Baggins. As long as it is yours to bear." Gandalf says, walking over to him. Aragorn stand up next to me.

"By my life or death, I can protect you." He says. He then goes over and kneels in front of Frodo. "You have my sword." He says. Legolas steps up. "And my bow." "And my axe." Gimli says. Boromir steps up.

"You carry the fate of us all little one. If this is indeed the will of the council then Gondor will see it done." He says. Finally, some common sense. "I'll go with you as well." I say, walking forward. Boromir scoffs. Just as I was beginning to see a good side in him. "You are a woman." He says.

"Yes I am, glad you noticed." I say sarcastically. I see Aragorn holding back a laugh. "What can a woman do? You would only hold us back." He says. I roll my eyes. "If you will allow me Lady Hope." Legolas says. I nod for him to go.

"This is Lady Hope Mikaelson. She is an extremely powerful witch as well as an exceptionally good fighter." He says. I'm grateful he left out the other two. I turn towards Boromir.

"I'm strong and I will not be a burden. If anything you will slow me down Boromir. Let's just hope you can keep up." I quip. He glares angrily at me. Suddenly there is a yell and Sam appears from behind some bushes. I smile warmly at him.

"Mr. Frodo's not going anywhere without me." Sam says. "Well indeed. It is highly impossible to separate you even when he is summoned to a secret council and you are not." Elrond says, looking frustrated. "Hey, we're coming too." Merry says as him and Pippin appear.

I hold back a laugh as Aragorn stands to his feet. "You'd have to send us home tied up in a trunk." Merry says. "Anyway, you need people of intelligence on this sort of mission, quest, thing." Pippin says. I can't contain it anymore. I let out a slight chuckle. "Well that rules you out Pip."

"Ten companions. You shall be the Fellowship of the Ring." Elrond says. I smile at my fellow people. Kind of reminds me of my super squad back at home. With Merry and Pippin being the embodiment of MG. "Great. Where are we going?" Pippin asks. I smile some more.

Everyone else laughs and Merry elbows him. "This council is dismissed." Elrond says. Everyone nods and leaves I am stopped by Boromir. "I am sorry if I have offended you Lady Hope." He says. I give him a tight lipped fake smile. "Don't mention it." I say before walking away.

Aragorn catches up to me. "Hey, Hope wait." He says. I stop and wait for him. "Why are you going on this?" He asks me, concern laced in his voice. "You know why." I say. And he does. He knows that I've always felt that I was here for a reason.

"But it's dangerous. I know you can handle yourself and you'll live in the end, but I know you don't want to activate your vampire side. That's something you're going to avoid as a long as possible. If you go on this quest you're putting your humanity at risk." He says.

I smile softly at him and place a gentle hand on his cheek. "Don't worry about me. I'll be fine. Now, I have to get going. I'm going to place a protection charm on Frodo." I tell him. He nods. "Then I shall come too. You know how I love to watch you do magic." He says.

I smile at him and nod, leading him to my room. I get a few ingredients out and start preparing the spell. I sit on the ground and close my eyes. I place my hand over the silver chain bracelet. I then begin to chant the protection spell.

"Protegam eum oculos tuos nihilque ei veniam. Protegam eum oculos tuos nihilque ei veniam. Protegam eum oculos tuos nihilque ei veniam." When I am finished I open my eyes in satisfaction. "Is it done?" Aragorn asks. I nod.

"Yeah, as long as he's wearing this bracelet he'll be protected. I tell him. He helps me stand. "Come on, let's go find Frodo." I say. He nods and together we walk through the corridors. When we find Frodo he is alone. "Hi Frodo, my name is Hope." I say.

"You're that girl. The witch." He says in awe. I smile. "I am and I made this bracelet for you to wear. I want you to never take it off. It's spelled to where as long as you wear it you will be protected." I say, holding the bracelet out to him. He takes it.

"Thank you Lady Hope." He says. "Please, it's just Hope." I tell him. He nods and smiles at me. I then see an elderly Hobbit enter the room. I think that's our cue. See you tomorrow." I say, walking out of the room with Aragorn on my tail.

"Come, Legolas is waiting for us at the training grounds." He says. I smile. "Sounds good." I say. With that we head out there. The three of us spend the rest of the day preparing for tomorrow. Finally when night falls I excuse myself to go back to my room.

When I get there I bathe and change into my night gown. I'm about to climb in bed when Arwen enters. "May I talk with you for a moment?" She asks me. I nod and sit on my bed. She does the same. "I need you to know something before you go off. When you return, I may not be here."

My eyes widen at her statement. "What? Where might you be?" I ask. "I am sailing to the Undying Lands. I do not know when, but after, we will never see each other again." She says sadly. Tears come to my eyes. I pull her into a hug.

"At least I know that I'm not losing you to something I did, but it still hurts." I cry. She rubs my back. I hate losing people. My immortal friend is leaving. It always seems to me that the immortals in my life are the most killable.

"Do not be sad for me Hope Mikaelson. Fore I am going where many have gone before. I will be safe and Middle Earth will be safe thanks to you. My father is going as well. I just wanted you to know in case we are gone by the time you return." She says. I smile sadly at her.

"I will miss you Arwen. I will miss Elrond too. I'm happy that you will be reunited with your mother." I tell her. She smiles at me. "Thank you, now, I'll let you get some rest. Goodnight." With that she hugs me and leaves the room. I sigh in sadness.

That might be the last conversation I have with her ever. Deciding not to dwell on it I pull the comforter up and lay down. As soon as my head hits the pillow, I am out like a light.