Chapter One

Welcome!!! Lmao this is the first chapter. I'll try not to take this one down....lmaooo! Don't forget to comment and vote.

And ignore grammatical errors

AND PLEASE NOTE, THIS CHAPTER BASICALLY EXPLAINS THE REASON WHY SHE CHANGED SCHOOLS.

Enjoyyy

The crowing of the cock woke me up. Outside looked like it was almost 5am. I got up from the uncomfortable mat with care so as to not wake up my mum.

With a towel wrapped around my slim body, I carried a bucket and left the room. Living in this compound made me realize that if you don't wake up early to bath, you wouldn't enjoy your bath when you finally wake up to bath.

Sharing a bathroom with 19 other people,has taught me alot. Like, don't allow mama chukwudi bath before you. Or, be careful when you want to bath or brother chinedu will be looking at your naked body or don't leave your soap in the bathroom or else, Iya Shakira will steal it.

So many other shits. I didn't grow up with rich parents. My dad left us with nothing. The painful part was that he took my mum's little savings with him. That almost killed my mum.

I don't live in a big house nor do I attend a prestigious school. I live in a face me I slap you compound with 19 others. I attend a public school. A public school full of drama, full of lies, full of fake people which is weird cause basically, everyone in that school was poor.

But I was worse. I was poor but I was popular. People knew me mostly cause I was one of the smartest in that school and most hated for reasons still unknown to me. My bestfriend was smart too but I was smarter. I can't really say bestfriend cause for the past few weeks, she has been giving me cold shoulder.

"Are you going to sit down there or you are going to shower? Do fast abeg. Let me bath before Mama Chukwudi will wake up". It was my elder sister, Olivia. She was a drop out. After scoring 289 in her jamb, she couldn't enter any uni cause we had no money to sponsor her.

I got up and headed to the small cubicle bathroom. It could only contain one person. Sometimes, sand would be in the bathing water.

After so much struggle, I came out and met Olivia already outside with mama. Not like they were going anywhere but,like I said earlier, no one wants to bath last.

My public school uniform was trash. Brown pinafore with an already brown,white shirt, white socks and brown sandals. The all back on my head was so rough.

With my worn out bag slung over my shoulder,I walked to school. My mum doesn't give me money cause she doesn't have. She has a very small shop made of tables and chairs. There, she sells small provisions like milk,Milo etc.

I was near school when I sighted my best friend coming down from a jeep. Susan was my best friend. She was known for her love of money to the extent were she sold her body for money. Whenever I tried to warn her, she always said I was judging her so I left her.

She wasn't broke but her parents were. She had many sugar daddies at such a young age. Her mum was a sugar "mummy" with different types of boyfriends.

Like mother like daughter

Her dad was a broke fraudster. No one had time for her so she did whatever she wanted, whenever she wanted . That's Susan for you.

I walked faster to catch up with her,"Hey susy". I reached to give her a side hug and she moved back before walking ahead of me.

Susan always felt like I was proud. What do I have to be proud of? My flat chest or my frying pan ass? Unlike me, Susan was beautifully made. A perfectly pointed breast, big ass and good hips. She looked bigger than her age.

Even during class, she was giving me attitude. I waited until break time to approach her

"Susan,what did I do this time?" I asked her.

She looked up from the iPhone 7 in her hand,"As you can see, I am busy"

"What's your problem? We are best friends. Why are you acting like this?"

She chuckled, "I am not your bestfriend sweetie. Do you think I actually liked you. For a smart girl, you are pretty dumb. Primary 2, when you told me your dad left you,who do you think told the whole school"

I was shocked. She told me someone eavesdropped

"Js3, when people were saying you stuffed your bra, who do you think told them. Look, I never really liked you and I still don't. You are so full of your self. What do you have?? Eh... you are useless. Look, I have things to do. If you don't mind, excuse me"

Tears were about to drop. I remember everything she said. I was bullied for 3 years because of her. No wonder she never defended me.

"You are so ungrateful. Because of you, I didn't even want to take the scholarship. You told me rubbish about that school".

"That was then. You can go. I don't care anymore. Oh, and yesterday, Daniel asked me out. You know daniel. Your crush since js1. I don't like him, but I don't want you to have him"

"Why are you doing all this?!". My voice was shaking as tears were threatening to drop.

"Isnt it obvious? I hate the fact you have everything I have wanted. Fair skin, you are smart. You don't deserve good things"

"So you were jealous of me? Wow"

"I don't get jealous. You can call me a snake. I don't care. Enjoy your life". She plugged in her earpiece and acted like I wasn't there.

I was broken

I was sad

I was betrayed

I wiped my tears and walked over to my seat. I grabbed my bag and reached for the zip. I grabbed the letter and read for the umpteenth time.

Congratulations Miss Adetoun for securing a scholarship to Starlight Academy. Your scholarship will be terminated if you fail to provide this letter and submit the form attached to this letter before or on the 12th of October 2019. Congrats once again and have a nice day.

'I am going to Starlight and nothing will stop me'. Was what I told myself as i placed the letter into my bag

__________

And that's a wrap for chapter 1. Tell me your opinions about this chapter in the comment section. Don't forget to vote and tag your friends.

This chapter really shines more light on Sophie's life. I really hope you guys liked it

Stay safe.
-Steph💕