Chapter Eighteen

Sophie's pov

The week went by and soon, it was Monday morning. Everyone was looking clean as always. The girls had a new hairstyle and the boys had a new haircut. I made a new loosened my hair but made the same hairstyle I loosened. The same hairstyle I had been making since I started schooling here;All back.

All back is one of the most simple and easy hairstyle to make and loose. And its my favourite mostly cause it's simple to loose.

Assembly was over and I was walking to class with Nessa and Lily. Nessa was supposed to have gone to her class but instead, she followed us to my class.

Nessa cleared her throat and I immediately knew what was coming next. Sophie seemed to know too cause she rolled her eyes.

"So have you guys heard the lastest gist?"As if I knew it o. I Sha knew it was gist.

"Even if we say we have heard it, it's obvious you will still talk. So go ahead." I said and Lily mumbled a "please tell her" which made me smile.

"There's a new student. Rumor has it that he's in our set. And he's mixed." I noticed the excitement in my voice.

"You are saying it like it's a big deal." Lily said rolling her eyes again. The way she rolled her eyes this days, I was getting scared for the poor eyes.

"And who in their right senses will resume by this time? Is it supposed to be allowed?" I asked.

"Well, I heard that he comes from a wealthy and influential family sha. And I heard he is in your class o." Nessa squealed.

And this time, I rolled my eyes. Nessa was like an Instagram public figure. So she had plenty boys dying to date her. She was dating one rich dude sha. But I still doing get why this new dude is making her smile.

"Dont you have a class this morning?" Lily said, her eyes on her phone. She's been looking at that phone all morning. She contributed to our talk but her attention was divided.

"Arent you tired of staring at your phone screen? You are probably talking to Caleb. As always."

"And if I am, is it your business?" Lily asked, rolling her eyes for the umpteenth time.

"No Lily, but you are always with him. We never get time to hang out!" Nessa replied.

"You guys should calm down!" I said trying to clear the air before a fight would break out.

"You are right . It's not worth it. I'm heading to my class. I'll see you guys during break!"She waved and walked away.

I turned to face Lily, giving her a look, but she walked away.

Not like I'm in anyone's side o, but recently, Lily is starting to get on our nerves. Like she never has time for us anymore. Always with Caleb.

"Hey you!" I heard a familiar voice and I smiled.

Nathan was standing beside me, huge smile on his face. He had a food flask in his hand

"Since when did you like carrying food to school?" I asked, laughing.

"Shut up jo!" He pouted which made me laugh." Miss Patricia made me take it cause according to her, I've lost weight."

"You look like a child that's just going to school for the first time."I laughed again.

"Im even happy she didn't make me carry water bottle. Or lunch box gan."I couldn't help my self. I laughed for the third time. My face was burning up and tears were rolling down from my eyes.

I could see other female students passing us. Some were confused and others were looking jealous.

Mschew. Waka pass nau!

"Stop laughing you this idiot!" He said and when I didn't, he said "Oya be going to your class. Cause I'm leaving you."

"Stay with me na. Oya I'm sorry for laughing."

He gave me a genuine smile."Do you know how many girls would kill for me to even look at them?"

I rolled my eyes at his cockiness. "Oya go and meet them nau! Olodo."

He smiled. " I'm not going. I don't want you to start crying."

"You are very mad! In fact you don't have sense." I pouted my lips as he laughed.

He stuck his tongue out and I rolled my eyes at his childishness.

Who would've known I would be laughing with the arrogant idiot.

"Sorry for interrupting the love play o. But Nathan, can I talk to you in the garden?" Caleb said and i swear to God, I almost killed him.

I shot Caleb a death stare and he gave me a toothy smile.

Foolish bastard!

"Gotta go Sophie. See you during break!" Nathan said and then he pecked my forehead.

He pecked my forehead!! Oh wow! I was still in shock that I didn't even know when they had left. I kept replaying the scenario in my head but then, I got angry. Why didn't he peck my lips?

This one is mad o. Fast fast you want him to peck your lips. Radarada.

Instead of replying my subconscious,I smiled. He actually pecked me. Does he like me? What about Kate?

Stay there and be thinking. You no go enter your class o.

I started to smile at my thoughts.

They have gotten your mumu button guy!

***

"So, did you guys see the new guy?" Nessa asked. We were sitted in the cafeteria. And by we, it was the whole group. Caleb, Nathan and the girls.

Nathan sighed. "Again with the new boy. Can't we hear word again?" Nathan asked and Caleb replied with an "abi o".

"I pray he is finer than you!" Vanessa said.

Nathan, with his signature smirk, replied with, "So you think I am fine?"

"You are such an arrogant idiot! I hate you gan." Nessa said which made everyone to laugh.

"Oh shoot! I have to submit some notes to Mrs Adigun. I have to go. I'll see your guys later." I said and walked out of the cafeteria.

Walking to the class, I got a lot of stares from people. Mostly boys. There was just something wrong and I couldn't say what it was.

I felt someone behind me. I was about to turn when the person spoke.

"Do not move!" He ordered. He wrapped a hoodie around my waist. "You are stained!"He deadpanned.

And I froze.

Oh shit!

And that's a wrap! Omg i had fun writing this chapter. And sorry for the late update. I've been trying to put my ideas together 🤣

So there's a new boy. Oh wow. And I heard he is hot!! Nathan go get competition o!🤣

And our ship is sailing. You guys should comment your favorite ship names!

Omg!!! 1k reads...I'm dying😩I am so happy!!! Thank you guys so much!!!! 1k reads I swear I'm crying😩thank you guys so very much!!

Till Saturday

I love you guys

- Steph💕