Chapter Twenty three

Sophie

Christmas break was over and school was in section. I had successfully avoided Nathan during assembly but I knew I wouldn't be able to escape him.

"All these influencers. 20seconds ago, 100 likes!" Lily exclaimed, eyes glued to her phone.

"I know right! Thankfully, I know what it's like to be an influencer." Vanessa said and in return, Lily rolled her eyes.

It was no doubt Vanessa was a big time model.

"That's true. Sophie, when are you going to use that phone we got for you?"

During the holiday, the girls got me an iPhone X as a gift. I was reluctant to collect it but I still did.

"I'll start. Soon. Patience." I said dropping my pen.

I've been so occupied during the break I forgot about it. My sister introduced her boyfriend to the family.

Yes, I was surprised too! She has a boyfriend. A rich one!

I know if he wasn't rich, my sister wouldn't date him.

I smiled as I remembered how lovey-dovey they were acting.

It reminded me of my suckish love life.

"This one you are smiling. You are thinking of Nathan right? Of course you are!" Lily said, moving her brows up and down. Looking like a complete fool!

I gave her a sad smile, before going back to my biology homework.

The girls were still oblivious to everything going on.

"Sophie, you like him right?" Nessa's soft voice said, making me sigh.

"I did. I'm just confused!" I groaned.

I felt Lily's brown eyes boring holes into me.

"I know my brother. He was miserable without you. He was so pissed he yelled at my parents. He poured out his heart to them. Something he had never done before. My brother likes you."

And I scoffed," What difference does it make? He is graduating this year. July, to be more specific. It doesn't matter!"

The library door opened and closed, I didn't even feel like looking at who it was cause I didn't care.

I went back to my home work and then, a familiar scent filled my nostrils.

Nathan.

I could smell him. Lily and Vanessa had matching smirks on their faces.

"Mr Korede is calling me. I have to go." She lied and left.

"Caleb just called. Important meeting. Bye!" She exited the library too.

Slys

The empty seat in front of me was now occupied by Nathan.

I bit my lips as I looked at him like he was a snack. A sexy ass snack.