Chapter Thirteen

Dedicated to Deeyah1. Thanks for the comments and votes!❤

We made it 500 reads and 100+ votes!!!! Ah!! Thank you guys so much for your support and encouragement💕

Nathan's pov

"I am Nathan. Sophie's boyfriend." I said to the older version of Sophie who stood in front of me.

Sophie's boyfriend? You don't have sense.

I mentally facepalmed myself. A smirk was plastered on Olivia's lips as she glanced at her sister. Then back to me.

"Sophie, you didn't tell me you had a boyfriend. Why?!" Her attention fully on Sophie.

"We aren't dating jo. He's just my friend from school. Right?" She gave me that mess this up and you are dead look.

"Yes". I rolled my eyes and said." I want your permission to take Sophie out." Then I quickly added," If its fine with you"

"Bring her back here in an 2 hours." Authority laced in her words.

She whispered something into Sophie's ear and walked away. When she was out of sight, Sophie rolled her eyes and walked towards a dark man with pot belly. Just cause I didn't trust the man, I followed her.

"Mr Nnamdi, I am going home. My mama sick and she need me abeg." She said to the man. His black lips covering the top of the Coca-Cola bottle in his hand.

He gave her a skeptical look before bobbing his head. Sophie sighed in relief and left the spot with me behind her.

"I thought he wouldn't buy the lie gan. I was thinking of backup plan." A strand of her hair dropped to her face, she tucked the haie behind her ear gracefully.

"Why did you lie? In fact, what are you doing here?" I knew there was something off about her. Her perfume wasn't as rich as it was meant to be. Her clothes didn't look expensive.

"Erm. So...I...umm ." She stammered, her words making no sense

I shrugged off her lie and asked, " Wanna go out with me? Just to go get something to eat and just chill and talk".

"Sure, I would be happy to go anywhere." She gave me a small smile.

I grabbed her hand and led her to the car, forgetting about my sister's request

***

30minutes later, we were sitted inside a fast food restaurant. Kilimanjaro restaurant was a little far from chicken republic but it was cool. The restaurant wasn't really scanty, but it wasn't full.

Davido's One mili was playing from the speaker in low volume. The air conditioner was blasting cold air.

A young lady, with a huge smile. Her shirt was fitted, bringing out her breasts and long legs.

It's been a while since I have had sex. With that word now in my head, I made a mental note to call one of the girls.

"Hello. Welcome to Kilimanjaro restaurant. What would you like me to get you?" She placed the menu in front of Sophie and I.

"Thank you!" Sophie said to the waitress who in turn, rolled her eyes.

Turning to me, she gave me a wink and said, " I'll give you few minutes to choose. I'll be right back!" She walked away shaking her ass more than normal.

I saw the way Sophie was looking at me. Before I could make sense out of it, she looked down.

And my mind went back to the sexy waitress and her long legs. Those legs.

***

Sophie

The way he looked at the waitress wih his eyes full of lust. He asked me to have lunch with him just to be lusting over a woman who looked older than him with 3 years.

So many tempting dishes. I didn't know which to pick. If not for the fact he was paying for our meal, I would have walked out.

I can't miss correct food over rubbish abeg.

The waitress came back. Passing Nathan a wink, she brought out a pen from her apron." Have you guys made your choice?"

Nathan cleared his throat. "I would like burger. Add chips to that and a grilled chicken." He handed the menu to her and I could see the way she looked at him.

Turning to me, with disgust clouding her face, she asked, "And you? What do you want?" Her tone changed from chirpy to bored.

"I would like a plate of Jollof rice. Side dish of plantain and grilled chicken." She hesitated before collecting the menu.

"You guys don't want refreshments?" She asked.

"A bottle of water for me." Nathan requested

"A bottle of sprite." I said and the waiter scoffed. I heard her mutter something like, " Instead of you to be watching your weight. Orobo"

What she said, triggered the aggressive side of me as anger filled my body.

"Madam waitress, please mind your business. If i choose to order rice and sprite, is it your money? You know, the amount of time you spend flirting with boys younger than you, you should use to focus on yourself and better your life instead of trying to make a boy younger than you enter your pants. Your cheap perfume is choking me abeg! You just don't know how disgusting you look! Ode"

Tears were at the brim of her eyes, daring to fall as she walked away. I wasn't the type to insult people older than me. But I disliked it when people insult my body. Don't blame me. I'm insecure about it!

Is that the only reason? Or because she spoke to Nathan?

I closed my eyes as my subconscious said that and I took a deep breath and exhaled.

Opening my eyes, I saw a smirking Nathan. His two elbows on each side of the table. His palm under his chin, his gaze on me.

"The way you just savaged her. I had plans to get her under my sheets. But after what you said, I changed my mind."

After noticing I wasnt going to say anything, he continued.
"Where do you stay?"

"In a house"

"Where's the house?"

"In Lagos"

"Which area of Lagos?"

"The area where houses are built"

H

e groaned in frustration and i held back the urge to laugh.

"Answer me nau. Please!" He pleaded.

Bobbing my head, I replied," Ask whatever you want to!"

And that reply, was something I wished I never even said in the first place.

________

Don't forget to vote and comment! Tell your friends about this book too!

Till next time
-Steph💕