Chapter Eight

Sophie's pov

I felt like Jan-Di ,in boys before flower, when Jun-Pyo rescued her from the bullies.

But now, Nat-han-iel was rescuing So-ph-ie from pe-te-er. Before you say it, I know I don't have sense.

Peter realized his grip from my hand and moved back, fear clouding his face.

I thought you couldn't get scared nau. Animal.

I was expecting Nathan to walk over and hold my hand, but instead, he turned around and walked away.

Okay now. I am a fool. Nigga I just met yesterday or so. I'm already liking him.

This life no balance.

"Babe, go without me. That Mr. Oladipo is calling me. See you tomorrow!" She gave me a hug and walked away.

Ss2 students of Starlight Academy were wandering around, looking for what wasn't lost. The taken ones where with there partners. I contemplated going back to my class to sit down small before I go home.

But, they were having a twerking contest and I wasn't ready to be blinded yet.

See no evil abeg!

Walking past different people with their partners, I felt somehow.

And no. Not jealous or lonely.

I don't know why most girls feel like they need a boyfriend to be someone. To be important. The first time I saw someone kiss was in primary 5.

Susan and one ugly boy with trailer as nose. We were just 9 then. Susan matured faster than me. She watched movies that involved sex and all that rubbish. At the age of 9, she had nice breast and big ass. She knew everything concerning sex.

That day was so disgusting. I felt so ashamed of her.

I walked downstairs. The ground floor was a place most boys where in after school. Majority of them came there to smooch with their girlfriend/boyfriend before going home.

I wish I took the spiral stairs that would have led me to the field. If not for laziness.

I didn't recognize anyone but I recognized him. His lips were on another girls lips, his hand on her butt.

He was oblivious of my presence so i walked past him and acting like the Indaboski I was.

****

The road home was tattered and dirty. We lost hope that governors will fix this road. Lately, governors never focused on the wants of the citizens. They spend more time buying cars for themselves and building more houses.

This Nigeria eh.

For the first time in a long time, the compound was quiet. Iya shakira was not around.

I met Olivia in front of the house, two different plastic tubs in front of her. One of the tub was filled with soapy water and the other was filled with clean water.

On the floor next to her, was a pile of clothes. She was singing a song I didn't know.

"This one you are looking like this? Kilode?" Olivia asked.

"Looking like how? Ahan!"

"Like asif they stole your meat. Are they looking for your trouble in that rich people school?"

I shook my head left and right and she said, " Oya tell me. What happened? Is it a boy?"

Olivia and I had this amazing bond. We never kept things from each other. She was older than me but she acted like she was my age.

"Arent you washing cloth? I don't want to disturb you na". I tried so hard to hide my smile.

"It's like you want me to pour this soapy water inside your mouth. Better start talking"

"Okay. There's this guy. He's my senior and-----"

She cut me off. "So you like him?" She had a disapproving look on her face

I rolled my eyes." I don't know sis". I sat down on the bench next to her.

"Look, you resumed yesterday or so. Isn't it to early to start crushing. I am no against you crushing on a boy cause its normal. But, your main goal is to graduate in flying colours. Boys are always going to be boys. They would tell you sweet things just to get into your pants. Now, this boy you are talking about, is he a player?"

I sighed and nodded my head.

"You see. Do you want to get heartbroken? I'm sure you know how I was last year. You know what Tomiwa did to me. Thank God I didn't allow him disvirgin me. Look babysis, right now, all that you need to think of are uour exams. You know you resumed late. Mid term exams are supposed to start either next week or so. Right?

"We are to start next week friday"

"And here you are, bothering yourself about a boy. Look, there is time for everything. It isn't yet time for you to be crushing. Finish school and you can crush all you want. Crush on any boy. You know I always support you. But, you have to focus on the reason you are in that school. It's to make mummy proud. You know I would kill to be giving admission into the university. But I can't go because we are financially unstable. Nothing lasts forever. So, when you get to school tomorrow, I'm not saying you should ignore him o. Maintain your distance. If possibly, reduce the time you spend with him. You don't really like him. It's just an infatuation!"

She was making sense. It's just an infatuation." Thank you big sis!"

She looked at me. "I sha knew something was different with your dressing. Who gave you this outfit you are wearing"

I took a deep breath and narrated everything to her. A normal sister would say " oh my gosh. Baby sorry" but guess what my sister did

Ladies and gentlemen, uncles and aunties, gateman and cleaners, Olivia laughed at me. She was rolling on the floor.

"Ahan! What happened to all the mouth you used to have? Where did it go to?"

I hissed loudly. Isn't she supposed to tell me sorry? She's even meant to offer me hot water to bath.

"You wouldn't kill me abeg! Go and bath. Then we would talk about it later". She was still laughing.

I hissed and stomped my foot on the ground as i went inside the house.

****

Honestly, Olivia is a case😂she reminds me of my elder sister.

I don't know why but I enjoyed writing this chapter. Vote, comment and tell your friends.

Love you!!!

~steph💕