Chapter 14

Sophie

Mid term break was over and everyone was back in school. Smiles graced everyone's face as they greeted their friends. I couldn't sight Nathan, but I waved at Caleb who was talking to Lily.

Those two should just do and date abeg.

I'm sure you are all wondering what happened to Nathan and I's little date. Well, he asked about my parents and before I could come up with a lie, his phone rang and dropped me off at my sister's work place.

Olivia didn't want me to hear word. She kept bugging me till I gave her the takeaway that Nathan asked me to give her.

I sighed as I cracked my knuckles, dusting my chair before sitting down. Ayo, the class clown, and his group were sitted in a circular form. Probably thinking of which girl they would toast since everyone looked finer.

"Madam!" I looked up as I heard a familiar voice. Lily was looking at me,a smile on her face, her airpods in her ears. She looked finer and she was glowing.

Returning the smile, I said" I missed you o! I thought you were with your boyfriend." I added emphasis on the boyfriend.

Lily was red. I know Nigerian girl don't blush. But she was red. She was light skin so i could see the way her face was redish

"See pot calling kettle black!" She said with a mischievous glint in her eyes." What of that time I asked my brother to get me chicken eh! Didn't you guys go on a date?"

She noticed I didn't say anything, so she added," Gist me about it nau! "

"Gisters! Abeg leave my front jareh." I said with a mischievous smile on my face.

Her mouth was opened, she was about to say something but was cut off when Ayo and his gang headed to the front of the class.

He and 5 other boys, where standing in the front of the class, their backs facing the projector. They each had an handkerchief in their hands.

I had a feeling they were going to dance leg work, but, boys of a prestigious school, do they dance street dance?

Asif reading my thoughts, the only boy that didn't come out to dance, pressed a button on his phone and Naira Marley's Tesumole blasted from the speaker on the table.

The boys skilfully did the Tesumole dance without ease. They killed it! They moved in sync and at a point, they did free style. Each boy came out and did a particular dance. The way they were dancing the legwork, It felt like I was watching Poco Lee dance.

But wait o. Assembly starts in 10minutes. What if a teacher comes and catches us? Ha, maybe I should carry my book and read o. So incase they want to say rubbish, I would show them what I was reading o! Abeg

"They sha want to show us they are reading for that concern." I had someome say from the back.

Everyone in the class squealed as the song was changed from Tesumole to Soapy. Even Lily was clapping and moving her hands. Students from other classes came to watch. Amebo!

"Thank God teachers are having a meeting, or else eh!" I heard someone from the back say

Rose, a girl from science class, stood up from where she was sitted and started to dance leg work. She went down and came back up moving her legs to the rhythm.

But, no one heard the door open. No one saw him enter.

"And what is going on her?!" A loud voice shouted. The music was turned off.

And all of a sudden, the biology textbook on my table looked interesting to Lily and I

Mafo!!!

***

"Thank God that textbook was in front of us." It was break time and we were carrying our trays to a table.

Vanessa wasn't around cause she never resumes early. She always resumed 2 days after resumption.

Lily hissed." Even if we didn't have it. That man is weak. The music was only turned off cause we thought it was better person. He just spoilt vibe. I was about to gbese". She said as she took her seat.

"Why didn't you nau. You are coming here to make mumu mouth."

"Cause eh, if I did, they would be jealous! And abeg jareh. You know I hate sweating. And--"

All of her sudden, her words got stuck. She couldn't say anything due to the figure who just sat next to her. Yes, you guess right. It was Caleb.

He looked handsome but--

But what?? Nathan is finer shey?

I turned my attention back to the two love birds who were giving each others googly eyes.

"Oh wow. Sophie, I'm sure you are tired of watching them eye rape each other." Nathan plopped down into the sit next to me, a bottle of coke in his hand.

"I swear eh! It is tiring me!" I made attempt to snatch the coke from his hand, but he wisely moved his hand away.

"Kiss me then you get the coke!" He said pouting. Lily and Caleb were talking so they didn't really pay any attention to us. In fact, we were kind of invisible to them.

"Huh?"

"Kiss me on the lip and you get my coke!" He had his signature smirk.

An idea made its way to my head and I smiled. I faced him and moved close to him.

"Close your eyes baby!" I said in a seductive voice.

He obeyed my instruction and shut his eyes. With my lips very close to his, I grabbed his coke and ran away.

"What!!" I had Nathan yell behind me. The laughter of Lily and Caleb was also heard as I ran like my life depended on it.

I wasn't a good runner, and so was Nathan so i was safe. Looking back, Nathan was closer than I thought. E be like say this guy they take running lesson!

I ran to one place he wouldn't come to. The girls toilet. The toilet wasn't your normal type of school toilet with dirty walls. The toilet was sparkling but no matter how sparkling it was, I couldn't bring myself to drink the coke.

I took a deep breath as i closed the door,coke in hand. The sight I saw in front of me shocked me.

Regina. Her hair disheveled. This wasn't the Regina that likes Nathan. Something was definitely wrong.

Dropping my coke on the table, with concern, I asked," Regina, what's wrong? What happened?" Even tho we rarely spoke, I cared.

"It is not your business! Leave me alone!" She used to hood of her hoodie to cover her hair before walking out leaving me dazed.

_________

Please, what's wrong with Regina? This chapter wasn't what I had in mind. But I was just writing sha.

Some boys just like to show off. Like we get it. You can dance😒

At least a girl danced too sha😂

And Caleb and Lily..hm. I wouldn't talk.

And the way sophie stole Nathan's coke😂

Dont forget to vote and comment! I love you

Stay safe💕