Chapter Fifteen

Dedicated to miolaola💕💕

Sophie

The rest of the school hours went by so fast and soon, it was closing time. Regina was awkwardly quiet during class. No rude remarks. She had her hood on the whole time. And when the siren blared, she was the first to leave the class.

"What's up with Regina?" Lily asked, stuffing her books into her bag.

"You can walk up to her and ask her instead of asking me. Cause last time I checked, I live in my mother's house not in a mansion like all you rich kids."

Apart from Lily and Vanessa, no one else knew I wasn't rich. Even Nathan didn't know. I always tried my best to change the topic whenever he asked about my parent's occupation.

"Blah blah blah. You have mouth o!" We left the class and went to the parking lot where the signature black jeep, that was owned by her parents, was waiting for her.

"I have a date on Saturday!" She blurted out then continued. " Caleb asked me to have lunch with him on Saturday and I said yes!" She squealed with a huge smile on my face.

I returned the smile, then asked, " When did he ask you to have lunch with him? "

She sighed dreamily, " That day you and Nathan ran away together." She said and I rolled my eyes before she continued, "He was looking for Nathan. Then he saw me and we just started talking and talking. He asked me out for lunch yesterday."

"Oh wow! I ship it!" I squealed.

"I know. Me too! You know what I would ship? You and my brother!"

I rolled my eyes." Sure" I said with sarcasm laced in my voice. Me and her brother. Two different worlds. I am broke, he is rich. Abeg abeg!

"Oh c'mon! You guys are like Milo and milk! Good individually, but together, you guys make Milo!" And I couldn't help but burst into fits of laughter.

"Oh my God! I actually prefer Milo and milk individually. I prefer licking Milk and Milo than to actually add water to it"

"It is official. You don't have sense!" She said with a serious face making me burst into laughter again

"You wouldn't kill me! Go home madam. I would see you tomorrow." I walked away before she could say anything else.

That girl!

I was outside the school gate when I felt a hand on my shoulder and my heart stopped beating as I shut my eyes

Do they want to kidnap me? Or use me for ritual? If i had known I would have carried knife o. Heii. Chineke!

I felt the person walk to my front and stop in front of me. I didn't even open my eyes to think as I used force to step on the feet of the mysterious person. He groaned in pain, hands off my shoulder.

"Owwww! What the hell Sophie?!" I opened my eyes atthe sound of the familiar voice.

"You are asking me? Aren't you the one that decided to scare me? Ode! If i had known it was you, I would have slapped your face eh"

The pain disappeared and was replaced with his signature smirk." With what? Your lips cause I would like that!"

What a tease!

"How many girls have you said that too? Abegi!" I rolled my eyes.

"Only you baby!" He said earning a hiss from me.

"What are you even looking for here? I don't understand. Why didn't you follow your sister?"

The smile on his face was replaced with a bored expression. "Cause my parents are coming home"