Chapter Five

I'm sorry if this chapter seems somehow boring to you guys❤

Chapter 5

Enjoy!!!!!!

Recap:

I walked fast into the cafeteria and I, all of a sudden, wished the ground would open up and swallow me.

____________

"Oh hey there. You wanna join us". Sexy god said with a smirk on his face. I guess he noticed me.

He and a girl I didn't know were making out. And my bag was next to the table they were on.

I didn't even know he saw me. I was considering leaving the bag but my mum would kill me.

Meanwhile, the girl was looking at me like she wanted me to just die.

"No. I wanted to take my bag". I said pointing at the poor worn out bag next to them.

What he did next surprised me. He laughed so hard. "Oh that's yours. I was wondering if the cleaners mistakenly left their rags here but I realized that the cleaners rags are better than that stuff on the floor".

His girl laughed so loudly and tears were threatening to fall from my eyes.

"Me too baby. But what can I say? Judging for her attitude and lets not get started on her slippers? Who still wears those?"

"Your grandfather". I muttered to myself even tho I was about to cry.

Seems like she heard me cause she flared up,"Please, who are you? Who's your dad? I can make you spend the night in jail so be careful the way you talk to me. Show me respect cause I can make your life a living hell sweetie." She looked like she meant every word.

Mtchewww.

I snickered and looked at the boy. I'm not calling him sexy god cause all of a sudden, he doesn't look so sexy to me.

Maybe he is still sexy but that's not the point.

"Now, carry your disgusting bag and leave here. As you can see, Nathan and i are busy ". Disgust clouded her face as she took a look at my bag.

So his name is Nathan. Wow

He winked at me and went back to kissing that girl.

I picked up and my bag. "Bastard " was what I muttered under my breath as i walked out of the cafeteria

Immediately I stepped out of the school gate, it started to drizzle.

Well, screw me.

~~~~~~~

Cold was too small to describe what I felt at the moment. I was the only one that was home at the moment. The rain was quiet heavy but thankfully, I had a nylon in my bag which I used to cover my hair.

The school gave me 4 different sets of the uniform so I was safe. I slipped out of my wet cloth and spread on the ropes by the side of the room. The only reason i didn't want to spray it outside was because I wanted to see it again.

Once you spray something expensive outside, you wouldn't see it again. I remember when they stole Mama Chisom's 10k wrapper.

She cursed and cried. I tried so hard not to laugh but I felt bad for her.

After having a hot bath, I got sitted to do my assignment. It was hard but me,being a smart ass, i could do it.

I wore an oversize dress and locked the door on my way to the small shop my mum owned. I normally went there whenever I was bored.

It was a good walk until I saw Kemi. Kemi was a friend of Susan. She was always jealous of the closeness Susan and I had. I'm sure she's happy we aren't friends anymore.

"Hey girlie. How are you? I saw you walk home drenched. Must be sad?" She said with humour laced in her voice.

I gave her a small smile, "Hey there. Yes I was drenched cause rain fell"

"Well, how's your new school? Susan told me you left to join a school full of rich people. How are you copying?" I knew she was making fun of the fact I was poor.

Bastard.

"I'm copying well. I just resumed today. And well, everything's fine. How's your public school ". I made sure to lay emphasis on the last 2 words.

She gave me a look, "It's fine. At least, I can survive with my fellow poor people. You will went to that school and no body would like you cause you are poor. You will still come back to fetch water madam". And she laughed.

Gosh. Did I mention Kemi has a huge problem with English. She always made gramatical blunders.

"Sister, I have made a friend. Tell Mr Oyebade to be teaching you English privately. Seems like you aren't getting it, Madam went". I made sure my laugh was louder than hers.

If looks could kill, I was 100% sure I would be dead. Kemi was looking at me as if I killed her child.

E pain ammmmmmmmmmmmm......

"If you excuse me, I have places to be. Greet your friend for me o". I blew her a kiss and walked away making sure to shake my waist.

She's mad.

I couldn't wait to sit down and rest in my mum's shop. I'll even try to steal small Milo to lick. Man must enjoy life abeg. Poverty or not.

My mum's shop was poorly built but at least we made 500 naira out of it everyday.

Half of the bread is better than none shebi?

Immediately I sat down on one of the small stools in the shop, I heard my mum's voice.

"Sophie, abeg come and help me collect my contribution money from Iya Priscilla. Count it. It's meant to be 5000. And when you collect it, go to the market. Buy garri 450naira. Buy 50 naira sugar and groundnut. Then buy one pure water. We would manage it."

Who sent me message? If i had known, I would have just stayed at home. Which kin rubbish be this?

"Are you still seating there? Don't allow me to slap you o. Won bi eda, don't stand up from there eh. Before I count 2. 1......". I got up and walked to where she was.

God why?

__________
Hey hey. Okay, so I'm sorry if this chapter isnt good. I think its somehow. What do you think??

Anyway, I promised an update and I kept my word😌who likes this chapter?

Next update: I can't say yet. I'll try to update whenever I can, I don't want to promise an update and not update.

Anywaysss, you know the drill. VOTE, COMMENT,SHARE

Thanks. Love youu. See you when I see you🌚

Byeeee💕