Chapter Twenty

Please read the authors note at the end of this chapter please 💀

Sophie in the media. I know, she's fine!

Happy Sunday guys!!!!💕

Dedicated to BeautyYoungWriter_

Thanks so much!!!💕💕

Nathan's pov

"Abeg it's too early to be lying to me Caleb!" I said. It was Tuesday morning and I was getting ready for school when Caleb told me something very stupid.

"Guy I am serious. Kate is coming back to school."

"Guy, are you for real? Tell me so I can use that perfume she bought for me on our five months anniversary!"

"Wait o. I confuse. What of Sophie? You like that girl and she likes you."

I shrugged before replying him," Maybe I never really liked her like that. Probably cause I was lonely."

I heard Caleb scoff and I knew he was disappointed in me.

"You've got to be kidding me! Dude, can you hear yourself right now? What are you even saying?!"

I dropped my tie on the bed and ran my hand through my hair.

"Guy, I'm confused. What if it's just a stupid rumour?"

"Nathaniel. Answer me right now. Do you have feelings for Sophie?"

"Yes! I do."

"Then shut the hell up, get dressed for school and come pick me up."

"Don't you have a driver ni?" I asked.

"Just come here jo ah! Ode." He said and hung up.

I sighed cause I knew deep down, today might not be the best day.

30minutes later, my dad's Jeep drove into the school compound. I got down from the car, alongside Lily and Caleb. Right now, I was even thinking straight. If the rumours are true, then I'll have to choose between two girls.

Oh God! I'm so foolish!

I walked took the stairs to my class and greeted some of my teachers. I sat down in my class, took out my phone and went to Instagram.

I clicked the search button and typed in a name I was too familiar with.

Kate.jefferson

As her page was loading, I glanced around the classroom. I could see Isaac with his phone, probably watching porn. As always.

It's been long since I've gotten laid. And I'm actually happy. I've somehow gotten over my sex problem. I just want to graduate and be happy.

Her page finally loaded and I clicked on her recent post. Her skin was glowing. She was finer than i remembered.

I could hear screams from outside and I turned my head to that direction. People who were once inside the class left the class to see what was happening.

Placing my phone in my pocket, I left the class for the corridor to see what was making everyone happy.

Immediately I sighted her, my heart stopped for a minute.

She got down from her Benz with her younger brother. Ethan never liked even when I was dating his sister. And now, I'm hearing he's trying to take Sophie. He should know I don't joke with my property.

Seeing Kate again made me blood boil in anger. She left me and didn't even tell me why. She broke me.

Immediately our eyes locked, I took my face away and headed back to my class.

She broke me.

I felt someone sit in front of me, making me move my gaze from my phone to the figure in front of me. She had a huge smile on her face, like she just won a Grammy award or something.

"Aren't you going to give me a hug and tell me how much you've missed me?"

Her smile dropped when she realized I didn't say anything. She held my hand and for the first time, I didn't feel anything. No spark, no electricity. Nothing.

I guess I was wrong. I guess the love isn't there anymore.

"Nathan, I'm sorry. You know how did is. Once he makes up his mind, nothing can change it. I didn't want you go. You know we didn't break up Nathan. I still love you!"

She said and I lifted up my head.

"You don't leave the person you love for no God damn reason. You didn't call or text me. Nothing!" I tried not to tell but my emotions were getting the best of me.

"Nathan, I am sorry. Let's just take a slow please. I still love you. We can start as friends. Friends?"

She said and I thought about it. There's nothing wrong being friend right?

"Friends"

*
*
*

Sophie's pov

It was the period before break. I wasn't offering computer so the teacher asked us to excuse her, which explains why I'm sitted in the library.

I missed assembly cause I woke up late. But I could still hear people talking about " The return of Kate".

I hadn't seen Lily but I was with Vanessa. She was having physics and the woman was in labour so the period was free.

She was scrolling through Instagram and making comments about some people.

"Omo babe, this Derek trendz is fine o! Ahan see hair." She said and shoved her face into my face.

The guy was actually cute o. His smile was breathtaking gan.

"He is fine o!" I said with a smile.

"Who is fine?" Lily said as she took a seat next to us.

"This Derek trendz dude. Check him on IG." Vanessa said, attention still on her phone.

"He is fine but his friends are finer. Mike and vallyk."

"Ehen did you guys hear that Kate is back?" I asked.

"Yes I did. I saw her this morning. She's looking finer gan." Nessa said and Lily bobbed her head.

"Wait. The rumours are true. She's actually back?"

"You heard Nessa. Why are you horrified?" Lily asked and when she knew I wasn't going to talk, she added, "If it's cause of my brother, trust me, he likes you! And I don't think he's going to leave you." Her words made me smile and have confidence.
Soon, the bell for break time was rung and we left the library to the cafeteria. On our table was an unfamiliar girl. Her back was turned to me so I couldn't make out her face. It seems like Nathan cracked a joke and the way she was laughing, it was like she didn't take her special vitamins today.

I walked closer to the table and Nathan gave me a smile.

He hit the girl slightly on her hand before pointing to me.

"Kate, this is Sophie my friend. Sophie, Kate." He said and Kate finally turned to look at me.

"Nice to meet you Sophie."

They have met o! This Kate is back! Ah Jesus why?😩

Nathan is confused! But, is it his fault?

Do you think Kate's arrival will spoil our ship? 😩I hope not o😩

You guys o. Derek trendz is my baby abeg!! I love him!

Oh and don't forget to nominate BTM in the Nigeria Readers choice award 2020. Go to NGwattNG , click on the book and nominate BTM for any nominations of your choice or for the one you think I deserve!

Pleasee!!!

Vote, comment and tell your friends. Bbn has started o.. bye bye 😂💕

- Steph 💕