Chapter 3

"Honey, I am home! I have such good news for you. Where are you?" Michael walked into his house and couldn't wait to share the good news with his wife.

"I am in the office, what is it? I haven't seen you so excited in ages... are you going back to work full time?" Madeline looked worried." You know I will not let you do that no matter what you say or do. I am not!"

"Hold on, I am not going back, don't worry. I think I found our future daughter-in-law today" he lifted her up and kissed her.

"What do you mean? Who's getting married? I just spoke with Rob, he didn't say anything and let's face it with Nick... he doesn't even go on a third date, I am sure he needs more than two to get married. So, spill it, mister, do you have another son I don't know about?" she poked him, but smiled after that and kissed him.

"I think she is perfect for Nick, but I need to hide her, until he figures it out himself. I just interviewed her today, I will offer her a job with Rob's team. She will be moving from the west coast." He wiggled his eyebrows and smiled at his wife.

"You know you cannot do that. He will find out and be really upset with you."

"I want us to have grandchildren already, have you talked to any of our friends about something else other than their grandkids? I want to have something to brag about too. And I don't like the fact that he is alone. She came, she took what she could and she left. It's time for him to move on, it's been almost four years. He is 33 already, he needs to start a family, at his age we were expecting Rob, if I remember correctly."

"Oh Michael, you cannot push those things, you know that, right? Let him find his way. I agree he needs someone; I want to see him happy again, but I don't think we should meddle like that." She sat next to her husband on the sofa and looked at him with concern.

"We will not meddle, or push, we will just nudge a little. I am telling you - she is perfect for him. I did a background check on her and she checks out, plus WHEN he BECOMES interested, I am sure he will hire someone to dig out everything he can use against her." He was smiling at his wife, but not registering her. He had the plan turning in his head already. "The only thing I have to do now is make her look unavailable and once she is, get her close to him, but out of reach, make her forbidden, but so innocent and let's not forget I need to make sure she falls for him too. Oh my, it will not be easy, but I think I know how to start."

He was already lost in thoughts and not actually talking to his wife. She knew that look and smiled. She could recognize the thrill she used to see every time he had a challenge at work and she was happy to see it again. His spark was back on and hopefully was going to stay that way.