Chapter 10

It had to be her. She was here for over a month, right about the same time his brother told him about her, she came from California. Rob didn't tell him he moved back to the Alfa building, but it was obvious they live together. He had to stop thinking about her and go back to work. He could talk to Rob after work, maybe they could go out for a drink, just the two of them and he could find out more about the whole situation. He couldn't believe his brother had been with her for more than a month and he had been working with her, she was good, she had to be. He went back to work and by the time he was all done it was already 5 pm. Once Nick realized the time, he rushed to his brother's office. It was empty, so he called him:

"Hey Rob, how are you?"

"Hey, big brother, how are you? Did you get in late last night? I thought you would call me."

"I just got carried away with work, but if you want, we can go out tonight and catch up?"

"I am sorry but I have plans with my girl already for tonight, let's do it tomorrow, my lunch is open, or we can do dinner and drinks after work? Plus, it's Friday night, we can go to a club if you want?"

"No on the club, but let's do dinner, you can take your girl to a club afterwards."

"Oh, big brother, I would love to, but it's not her scene. We should go out all three of us, so you can meet."- Nick was thinking the same, Jane didn't look like the nightclub type, but people did crazy things for money.

"I would love that, if you want you can introduce us tomorrow.... Oh, why don't you bring the team to my office in the morning to congratulate you on the project?"-he had no doubt in his mind he would bring her in his office the first thing tomorrow morning. "I will see you tomorrow, Rob"

Nick sat down behind his desk and opened the Hartford project. They did good, so good his dad had recommended for the company to keep the development and look at the lot next to it for an outlet mall. He couldn't find any flaws in the numbers; she knew what she was doing. But that's what they do, they move in with their sexy bodies, get you interest with their brilliant minds and then out of nowhere: "I met someone else, better than you". Not this time, he would not allow her to do that. His brother didn't deserve that.

Nick wanted to talk to her, but what would he say, all she wanted is money, she said it herself, and money is what he would offer her, when the time came. He went to the gym after work, it was almost 9pm and there were only two other guys in there. On his way out he saw her. She was on the phone again, laughing at something the other side had said, her eyes were glowing. She didn't see him, there was someone else sitting in front of the elevator as well, Nick hid behind him and began to eavesdrop.

"I know Amy, I am so happy; I couldn't believe it, when I saw the offer, its more than I expected. I am free; I went out with Rachel and had a drink to celebrate. We are going out with her, when you come in next week, believe me when I say, she is from our blood group and you will love her. Hey listen, the elevator is here, I'll call you tomorrow."

And of course, she was talking about money again. What blood group, the money sucking one? It got him so pissed off, but if he had to be honest with himself it wasn't the money she was talking about; it was the way his body responded to hers. She was wearing a pants suit, that hugged her body and it showed all the right curves. His dick was rock hard and he had to put the towel he was holding in front of it.

When Jane walked in the guy that was waiting for the elevator greeted her with a smile and tried to start a conversation with her. She smiled politely and stepped aside to the elevator wall and behind him. When she was at a safe distance from the unwelcomed guy she looked up and saw Nick.

Nick knew the effect he had on women and he even enjoyed it from time to time, but she looked hypnotized. Their eyes locked at first, she moved her eyes down his chest to his neck up to his lips, stayed there for an instant and then moved back up to his eyes. In less than 5 seconds in her emerald green eyes he could see curiosity that translated into panic which transformed to desire. She really liked what she was seeing. She moved towards him for a fraction of a second, like she wanted to touch him, but then she stopped herself. Nick didn't like the disappointment he felt at that moment. Her face turned red. The elevator stopped at the 5th floor and at last it was just the two of them.

"How has your evening been so far, Ms. Peterson?" Nick wanted to pretend his voice was raspier because he wanted to play a little with her, but let's face it: she was so sexy, there was no plan in his head the moment their eyes met.

"It has been good; do I know you? How do you know my name?"

He couldn't believe her act - she didn't know who he was? Nick looked at her and her innocent demeanor and wanted, no, actually needed to teach her a lesson. He got closer. He saw fear for just a blink of an eye and then all he could see was desire. The moment he got next to her and slammed his lips into hers there was nothing but them and this elevator. It took her just a fraction of a second to go from cold to responding. She was so warm and passionate, his mind got clouded. He needed to stop and walk away, but he couldn't. Her hands touched his face and Nick lost it. He lifted her up and his hands moved up to grab her ass and got in between her legs. He was ready to take her right there, right then, when the elevator signaled that they were at their floor and he reluctantly released her. Nick was speechless at first. His body was betraying his mind and he had to take back the control she had had over him.

"So, how much will it cost me for you to disappear?"- He had his left hand on the door. She was breathing heavily, just like him. It took her a second to open her eyes and first it didn't even seem she heard him, but then, oh my, her face got red and he could see the storm in her eyes. She slapped him and walked away.

"I would lock the door if I were you, or I am coming in to finish what we just started!" Nick had to take a deep breath and stop himself from going after her. He was on fire.

She had him so mad and hard he couldn't think. He couldn't believe she had just slapped him and walked away unaffected. He touched his face smiling; he could still feel her hand. If he had his blood boiling just from a kiss, he could only imagine what would happen when they had sex. Oh, wow, what was that WHEN? He could not have sex with her, he kept forgetting that, gold-digger or not, she was Rob's girlfriend and she was untouchable. He went home and took a really long and cold shower. He had to go out with someone and it had to be soon. Maybe he should take up Rob on his offer for clubbing on Friday night.