Chapter 1: Falling For Him

I'll go ahead and start by saying that I am the local gay guy, but that isn't really saying much anymore is it? I'm you're average 5'7", 130 lbs, brown hair, blue eyes, and, being modest, I'm a decent looking guy. Of course all of this only matters when you're single.

About six months ago I met a guy that completely turned my world upside down. Why tell you my little love story? Well, as you'll soon learn, like in every romantic tale, he became my rock in the midst of my overdramatic high school experience.

The new school year was only a few days away when the month of August rolled around, which meant my annual back to school shopping. Of course, being from a small town in the state of Mississippi, shopping locally wasn't really an option. It was the weekend before school resumed that I made my half hour trip to the nearest mall to get my wardrobe in order.

I spent three hours trekking from store to store, going into change room after change room, and not spending a dime. It was one of the most unsuccessful and frustrating shopping experiences I've ever had. However, what I didn't see coming, quite literally, was the wall of a man that ran into me while turning the corner to leave the last store. I fell flat on my ass, a little dazed for a moment, before glaring up at the man who'd blindsided me.

"I'm sorry, I didn't see you coming out." His voice was smooth like velvet and just deep enough to draw out a thin country accent. He extended his hand to help me up. I hesitated for a moment before taking it and being pulled up to my feet a lot quicker than I had expected. Due to the speed of the action, my feet almost fell out from under me again before his strong hands steadied me.

I looked up at his face for the first time and my breath got caught in my throat. My cheeks flushed scarlet in the brief moment that I looked into his chocolate brown eyes. The guy had to be six foot something and was solid muscle. To top it off, his honey blonde hair was cut short above his chiseled face. I forced myself to look down at the floor, instantly embarrassed.

"It's my fault, I should have been looking where I was going." I mumbled. I heard him chuckle and looked up to see a smile on his face.

"You are adorable." I was stunned and the shock must have shown on my face. "I mean-ah fuck. It's already out there so what the hell. Can I buy you a pretzel?" I was still stuck in stun mode. This guy, this gorgeous random guy, just called me adorable.

"I-uh-." I blinked a few times, still trying to make sense of it, almost getting lost in his appearance once again. After another moment of silence I slapped myself on the forehead. This guy was flirting with me and I was blowing it. "Sorry, I mean yeah, sure." He took a deep breath with a relieved look.

"Thank God you aren't straight. That would have been tragic." He laughed. We started walking towards the food court. I noticed him taking down his pace so I could keep up and a small smile tugged at the corners of my lips. "I'm Ryan, by the way." I looked up and met those eyes once again.

"Well, Ryan, you sure know how to make an entrance." I chuckled. "I'm Jay."

"Jay," he mused. "I like that."

A/N:

Hey guys, thanks for reading! If you enjoyed this chapter please leave a comment! Or a vote! Or both! If not, keep reading! It starts out slow, but picks up rather quickly!

xx

-Tay