Chapter 3

"I must admit I thought I'd like to make you mine
As I went about my business through the warning signs
End up meeting in the hallway every single time
And there's nothing we can do about it"

Allegra

"Tell me again why you didn't give that piece of art your number. I still can believe it."

It's been almost two weeks since my encounter with Mr Hottie and Ronnie and Jace couldn't shut up about it.
They didn't understand my decision and the reasons behind it.

"I've already told you, Jace." I scoff, bringing my knees to my chest.

"I know, but I really don't understand you, Al." he sighs, putting a spring roll in his mouth. "You told me he was sweet, caring and sex was actually good. So why don't see him again? He wanted to take you on a date for fuck's sake!" he adds with his mouth full.

I roll my eyes, taking a fork full of chow mein, "I didn't actually say no. I said that if I meet him again I'll think about going out with him."

He glares at me, still chewing. "It's like saying no. The shit about 'if it's fate we'll meet again' doesn't stick with me. You could at least keep him as a fuck buddy. Do you know how hard it is to find a man who can give you an orgasm? Almost impossible." he says, with a dramatic expression.

"How do you know it's difficult to find a man that can a woman an orgasm?" I ask in disbelief and he throws his chopstick at me.

"It's all women talk about. I heard my sister whine about it for years... But that's beside the point, Allegra!"

I roll my eyes, giving throwing his chopsticks back and patting Odi's head as he sits beside me on the couch. "Honestly, I'm so fucking sick of talking about this. First, you and Ronnie were on my case 'cause I' ve gone a year without sex, now that I've done it, you're on my case 'cause I didn't give him my number. It's my life, innit? I can to what the fuck I want."

Jace watches me with his mouth slack open, I can clearly see the remains of what he was chewing in it."Did he fuck that attitude into you or you always had it and never bring it out? I'm proud!" He claps his hands and smiles widely as if I hadn't just been harsh to him.

"Fuck off." I smile, playing with food in my box. "He didn't fuck anything into me, apart from his dick obviously," I add with shrug and Jace bursts into a laugh, almost chocking.

I shift closer to him, patting my hand on his back as he tries to gain his breath. "Such a dirty girl" he taunts me when can finally speak. "But seriously Al, tell me why. One last time and then I swear I'll drop it," he says, giving me puppy eyes and pouting his lips.

I put my box on the coffee table and take the bottle of wine, pouring some in my glass and drink it, taking my time.

"I was in a relationship for seven years." I start and he nods, " It's just... I don't want to depend on someone else again. I'm good on my own, I don't need a man in my life at the moment and a fuck buddy? Most of the times you end up growing feelings for the other person and get hurt, so no, thank you. I mean... Yes, sex was mind-blowing, I saw fireworks at some point, that's how good it was, but a date? If I'll see him again maybe I can think about having a coffee with him and why not, maybe give him another go, but that's it. " I say, gripping on my glass tightly, "It won't happen anyway, so there's nothing to think or talk about. I mean, London has 9 million inhabitants, the odds of me seeing him again are zero. "

Jace brings his legs underneath him and stays silent for a minute, reflecting on what I just told him - for the fourth time this week.

"Okay... But let's say you see him again then? What if he asks your number or to go on a date? He told you he would like to."