Chapter 6

"You don't know what's in store
But you know what you're here for
Close your eyes, lay yourself beside me
Hold tight for this ride
We don't need no protection
Come alone, we don't need attention
Open your hand, take a glass
Don't be scared, I'm right here
Even though, you don't roll
Trust me girl, you wanna be high for this"

****

Allegra

Have you ever climbed or balanced your self on a steel pole with only briefs and a sports bra on? No?

Good for you.

My inner thighs have bruises. And not the kind I'm looking for lately.

My hands hurt, my arms hurt, I have bruises where I didn't think it was possible to have them, my feet are sore and my back is killing me.

But at least now I know how to do a basic invert.

What's a basic invert? Thank you so much for asking.

It's a move in which you have to hang from the pole upside down - like a ham - and just hold you up with your legs that need to be crossed so you don't slip.

Basically, you turn into a sausage hanging upside down and you have to pray you don't break your neck if you slip.

Awesome isn't it? I play with death two times a week. Wanna come?

I can feel her breathing on my neck every time the pole dance instructor asks me to do something that will probably have me break a bone or lose my life if I don't pay attention.

And don't get me started with those stupid heels. I twisted my ankle last week, I went around walking like Gollum for four days because of it.

Jace, on the other hand, seems to be a natural. He climbs up and down the damn pole like he did anything else his whole life. Of course, if I had half the muscles he has, it will be easier for me too.

However, even if he looks like a fucking monkey, the fact is that - since I dance since I was six - I'm pretty elastic and stretchable and I can do almost all the positions while he is like a piece of brick and has a problem even with doing a simple split.

I mean... It doesn't have to be funny to do a split when you have all that stuff hanging from between your legs and you almost rip yourself in two.

There's a reason if he is the only man of the course.

You can't start to understand how much I enjoy being a woman during the lessons. Only the thought of all the cussing leaving his mouth every time his family jewels get stuck in between him and the pole makes me shiver and laugh at the same time.

Poor Jace. He asked for this though. Pole dance will be a blast my ass.

"Okay girls, and Jace. This is all for today." Kami, the instructor shouts. "I'll see you next week. You did an amazing job today." She applauds and people start to leave the room saying goodbye to her.

"Tell me why I thought this was a good idea," Jace calls breathlessly from behind me as we sit on the floor to take off our shoes.

"I don't know but every part of me hates you for this," I answer, massaging my sore toes once the heels are off.

"The only reason I'm doing this is Mark. We need something spicy in the bedroom." He exhales once his feet are free.

"Couldn't you do some role play or watch a porn together like normal people do?" I stand up and grab my bottle of water and towel, resting it over my shoulder as I gather the high heeled shoes.