Chapter 27

There goes the alarm
I saw it coming, I let it go
My girls will tell me, "I told you so"
But I was so intrigued by your style, boy
I always been a sucker for a wild boy
I'm better than this, I know my worth
I might be getting what I deserve
But I ain't sticking 'round for the rerun
What's done is done
And there goes the alarm ringing in my head
Like somebody said, "don't you trust him, no"

****

Allegra

I had a dream.

No, I had a nightmare, and in this nightmare, I was crying incredibly hard, but I don't know why. I was in my room, sitted on my bed, and I just kept on crying and crying.

There wasn't anyone with me, not even Odi, but I felt like I had the eye on the world on me and above that, I felt dirty, like I did something bad but I couldn't put my finger on what I did in the specific.

I jolt awake from my dream with a heavy heart and a strong headache, also caused because of Harry's phone ringing on the nightstand on the side of the bed where he was sleeping on his side, head hidden under a pillow while loud snores left his mouth. I swear he sounds like a damn train in his sleep.

Rubbing my head, I shake his side and he grunts, shuffling away from my touch while his phone goes off again, the light coming from the screen lightening the room.

"Harry, baby. Please answer that damn thing." I whine, repeatedly poking his side with my fingers until his head comes out from under the pillow, his sleepy eyes watching me badly.

"It's your phone. Don't look at me like that." I tell him, falling into the pillow again as I point at the phone on the nightstand, still ringing.

"For fucks sake," he growls, turning into the covers and prompting himself up on his elbow to look at the screen of his iPhone, his eyes widen slightly while he presses his thumb on the screen and turns the call off, throwing the phone on the floor without a care in the world before closing his eyes for a brief moment and taking a deep breath.

"Who was it?" I ask, moving to rest my head on his shoulder. It's morning anyway, even though my alarm didn't sound yet, I'm wide awake at this point.

"No one," he replies quickly, running a hand through his hair before putting it on the small of my back to push me closer to his body, "someone who got the wrong number probably."

A frown appears on my face and I peer up at him, finding his stare lost I a poi t in the void while he chews his bottom lip, "are you okay?"

"Yeah," he exhales, finally peering down at me, "I was having a good sleep though."

"Wish I could say the same." I jawn, leaving a kiss on the bare skin of his shoulder I can reach.

"Didn't you sleep well?" He asks, moving us on the bed so that we are on our side, me facing him.

"No. Had a bad dream," I tell him softly, "Did you see the hour?"

He nods, kissing the tip of my nose, "It's 7. What time do you have to be up?"

"8, I have an appointment with a new writer at 9.30," I inform him, closing my eyes and resting my hands on his chest.

"I don't have to be in the office before 10.30," he replies, his lips kissing my tenderly before I feel him nuzzle his face in the crook of my neck, "You can try to sleep another hour."