Chapter 20

"Wake up call
Caught you in the morning with another one in my bed
Don't you care about me anymore?
Don't you care about me?
I don't think so
Six foot tall
Came without a warning, so I had to shoot him dead
He won't come around here anymore
Come around here?
I don't think so
Would have bled to make you happy
You didn't need to treat me that way
And now you beat me at my own game
And now I'm finally sleeping soundly
And your lover's screaming loudly
I hear a sound and hit the ground"

****

Allegra

"She cheated on me."

Well, holy shit.

I feel my eyes widen and my lips part, but no sound comes out of my mouth.

What should I say? Should I ask questions? Should I say I'm sorry? I don't fucking know.

"With a friend of mine." He adds, after a while.

Well, holy fucking shit.

"I walked in-..."

"Not here." I stop him from talking, "This is not the place." I add, running a hand through my hair as I look down at Odi, "You can come back to mine if you want."

Harry bites his bottom lip and nods, walking beside me.

I'm no stupid. In my head, I came up with about a million theories about why he has trust issues and a cheating ex was one of them, the most likeable if I have to be honest, but now that he admitted it, I'm at lack of words and honestly, I don't want him to tell me about it in the middle of the park, where everyone can hear him. It's something private, and he deserves to talk about it away from prying eyes.

The walk to my flat is silent, I'm not over how he acted with Alex, no matter if he told me why he doesn't believe, he still treated me like I'm some prize and made Alex feel like he was less than him, - which he isn't, no matter the way I feel about Mr Hottie - and I won't accept it.

Once we are in my building, we walk up the stairs and I stop once with reach my floor, searching around the pockets of the hoodie I'm wearing for my keys before handing them to Harry as I knock at Jace's door.

"Open up, I'll just see if they can watch Odi for a few hours," I explain, pointing at my door when he keeps looking at me without moving.

He nods instantly, crouching down to pat Odi's head before he moves to my door.

"Allegra, what's up?" I look away from Harry, finding Marcus at the door with a sleepy gleam in his eyes.

"Did I wake you?" I ask, immediately feeling bad for knocking at his door. If I was in a right state of mind, I would have remembered that Jace is at work, and won't be home until later tonight.

"I was taking a nap but don't worry," He tries to smile but ends up jawning as he stretches his arms up, "Do you need anything?"

"Uhm, yeah..." I look down at Odi and move a strand of hair away from my face, "Can you watch him for a couple of hours? I need to sort out a few things."

When I first thought about bringing Mr Hottie back to mine, I didn't think about Odi being there, but given his jealous behaviour the last times Harry was here - he barked and put himself in the middle every time the green-eyed man tried to touch me or even come close to me - I think it's better if he spends a few hours with my neighbour, just the time to have this talk. Odi likes Harry, as long as he doesn't take my attention away from him, and right now Mr Hottie needs it fully.