Chapter 24

"When you're looking like this
I just can't resist it
I know sometimes I hide it
But I can't this time 'cause it's gonna defeat me
But if you won't believe me
Believe me
'Cause I'm a fool for you and the things you do
I'm a fool for you and the things, the things you do
I know
I know
Given a chance I'd do it again, I
'Cause I can't help myself"

****

Allegra

Someone, please save me.

It's been ten minutes since I let Mr Hottie into my flat and neither of us spoke a word. I don't know where to begin and I can't understand how he is feeling towards me and what I did. His face is emotionless in this moment and I can't read it, which is making me incredibly nervous, and two things happen when I feel this way: I get world vomit, or I stay completely silent.

Guess which one I chose today.

My flat has never been so silent, I swear I can hear the clock on the wall ticking and if I wasn't sure it can't be possible, I would be sure my heartbeat is echoing in the room.

This is so awkward.

"So... Are you gonna say something or just stay silent? I'm not used to you not talking," Mr Hottie says, locking his hands together and resting them on his lap.

I exhale, moving my hair behind my ears and chew my bottom lip nervously, swapping my hands on the jeans I'm wearing.

"I don't know where to start from, honestly. I'm so embarrassed," I tell him, moving my gaze to his face.

He nods, "you could start with tellin' me why you decided to follow me around."

You could start with telling why you lied.

"Uhm... You told me you were going to stay all day in the office but  I saw you with this-..." I clear my throat to stop my self from saying woman, "your sister and I didn't know who she was and you were very... Uhm, affectionate towards her and at first I thought maybe you were out for lunch with a colleague but then... You hugged her and well I-... I wasn't thinking straight and let Jace talk me in to follow you. "

Mr Hottie rolls his lips inside of his mouth before letting them go with a gentle pop, narrowing his eyes," You shouldn't let your friends talk you into stuff like that."

And Mr Asshole his back ladies an gentleman.

"Yeah, well you shouldn't lie on daily basis." I retort, a loud scoff leaving my lips as I fold my arms over my chest. Two can play the blame game.

"Pardon?" He asks, astonished by my reply, creasing his brows together as he tilts his head to the side, almost in an intimidating manner.

I straighten my back and hold my posture, rising my chin a little, "You heard me. If you didn't lie to me, I wouldn't have done something so stupid."

Harry sits straight, shuffling close to me on the couch so our bodies are only a few inches away from each other, "I didn't lie to you."

He can't be serious.

A sarcastic laugh escapes my lips, "No? Telling me you would have been in your office when you weren't and then tell me you worked your ass off when in reality you didn't, sounds like a bloody lie to me, Harry."