Chapter 14.

"They're there for your first year, they give you your first beer
When you get your heart broke, they're there for your worst year
Don't get you at all, but your apple don't fall too far from 'em
They own too much wicker and drink too much liquor
You'd wash your hands of them, but blood's always thicker
You might look just like 'em, that don't mean you're like 'em
But you love 'em"

****

Allegra

"Yo, I'll tell you what I want, what I really, really want. So tell me what you want, what you really, really want
I'll tell you what I want, what I really, really want. So tell me what you want, what - Hey!" I protest, dropping my movements and narrowing my eyes at Chris.

"Are you gonna be like this way all drive long?" He asks, making me chuckle.

Sticking out my hand to turn on the radio volume I nod, "I think so, yeah."

He sighs, side-glancing at me as I bounce my head to the rhythm of the song, "Come on, it's fun" I say, poking his shoulder.

"Al, I'm driving." He warns me but I just keep nudging him.

"I know you want to dance, don't be shy." I taunt him with a cheeky smile.

He scoffs and shakes his head but I can clearly see the ghost of a smile forming on his lips.

We have been on the road for half an hour now. After my dance lesson with the kids, Chris picked me up and we are currently driving back to Dover like I said I would do, only two weeks in advance. My mum called me again three days ago and begged me to go back home to see her and my dad, and since Chris was going back for the weekend to help his dad out, I decided to join him, leaving Odi with Jace and Marcus since my poor baby isn't a big fan of car's journeys.

The high pitched sound of my phone beeping makes me blink as I reach for it in my purse. Immediately I unlock it and smile as I see who sent me a text.

From Mr Hottie: Have about I'll make you dinner again on Monday?

We should have seen each other tonight for our second date, but after I decided to go back home, I had to ask him to postpone our dinner to next week. It wasn't a problem for him, but after the night at his house, we didn't get the chance to see each other since we both have been pretty stuck with work, and just texted back and forth - two nights ago he even called me and we stayed on the phone for nearly two hours.

It was cute, but something wasn't sitting right with me. The more I talked with him, the more I noticed how he always seemed to dodge all my question about his family, the time he spent in Los Angeles and other stuff. I always am the one to talk, and it's starting to piss me off.

I mean, I get we barely know each other and he is a very reserved person, but how am I supposed to get to know him if he doesn't open up a bit?

But perhaps it's better this way, right? If I don't know him much, I can't get attached to him, right? We are just two people going out together and having sex... When I decide it's time to, obviously.

To Mr Hottie: Or... I can take you to my favourite place in London.

Last time I was at his house, after the little stunt I pulled out, the tension was so thick around us that for a second I was ready to give in and just forget about my rules and my plan. He taunt me until he brought me back home. Stolen touches, mischievous smiles, passionate kisses; that man knew exactly what he was doing and it was obvious he was trying to get me as frustrated as he was and was making me pay for it. Hence, to prevent me from jumping on his bones, it's better if we stay in open places, with other people, where he can't provoke me, or so I hope.