Chapter 2

Caleb brought me back down the first floor. So I climbed up all of those stairs for nothing. Great. Caleb knocked on the door twice.

"Come in," Tyler said.

Caleb opened the door and gently pushed me in.

"She got lost," he clarified. Tyler giggled a bit as I sat down in the chair on the other side of his desk so I was facing him. Caleb left and now it was just me and Tyler.

"Hello, George, I brought you here to tell you all of the rules, okay?"

"Okay," I replied confidently.

"Okay so first, I know you have already started to give your brothers some attitude but they have just as much authority as me, so I'll let it slide for today but next time you'll be punished,"

I nodded.

"And I would like you to use verbal responses so I know that you understand,"

"Okay."

"That's better," he acknowledged. "Second, you are not to leave anywhere without our permission. That's very important."

"Okay," I mumbled.

"Some obvious rules include no drinking, no drugs, no swearing, no smoking or vaping and no boys."

"That won't be a problem," I assured him, honestly. It really wouldn't be a problem, maybe swearing would, okay I admit swearing definitely would be but I didn't have an interest in any of those other things. Wait, he meant no boys as in not dating them right? I have lots of friends who happen to be boys, if he meant no boys who were just friends, then there would be a huge problem.

"Good," he answered.

"This last rule is extremely important," he said empathizing the words extremely and important.

"You are not to go to the fourth floor under any circumstances! It's just work stuff, nothing you need to see, If you disobey this rule, there will be serious consequences. Is that understood?"

Seriously?! This house has a fourth-floor?!

"Yes," I stated confidently, even though I will eventually disobey that rule though he said not too, I can only stay curious for so long.

"Do not, I repeat, do not disobey any of these rules or there will be serious consequences, Do you understand?"

"Yes," I lied. I was definitely going to break some of these rules at some point.

"Good, you may leave now," he confirmed giving me a smile.

I got up, tucked my chair in and left. I walked back to my room, it was a long walk. When I finally got to my room, I got my phone out of my closet and texted my friends. My best friends were Bella and Jayce. We used to skate together all the time. I've been keeping in touch with them and telling them everything that's happened. I was so sad that I had to leave them and they were too.

I laid in bed thinking about all of those rules Tyler told me. What was on the fourth floor that they didn't want me to see? How bad would it be if I saw what it was? What was their 'work stuff'? I know I'll eventually break that rule and go to the fourth floor, so I may as well do it sooner than later, right? Tyler made such a big deal not to go up there and it seems like I'd be in big trouble if I did.

I'm going to do something I never do, think about the consequences. I got out my notebook and titled a page of possible punishments. So far, I have written down, take away my phone, ground me, make me do extra chores, give me an early bedtime and loss of tv priveledges.

I can easily avoid them taking away my phone, I'll just tell them I don't have one. They can make me get in bed earlier but, they can't make me fall asleep. Even if I did get caught, it would be worth it just to know what was on the fourth floor.

I'll sneak up there tonight. I'll pretend to go to bed and then I'll make my move and go to the fourth floor. I'm sure no one will be up there, why would they be doing work at night? I'll make sure it's extra late just in case. I'll go up there at midnight.

After a couple of hours had passed, I started to get ready. I take sneaking around very seriously. I put on black leggings, a black long-sleeve shirt and a black beanie. As I said, I take sneaking around very seriously.

I put my pyjamas on overtop of my clothes so they wouldn't be suspicious. I put the beanie underneath my pillow, I'll put it on after I pretend to go to sleep.

It was now 11:00. I laid in my bed with my eyes open, soon, Alex opened the door.

"Goodnight, George, Get some sleep, we have a busy day ahead of us," he said.

"Goodnight," I mumbled pretending to be half asleep. I heard the door close and I waited about five minutes to make sure he was gone. When I was sure he left I quietly got out of bed and took my pyjamas off. I slipped on the beanie over my french braids and quietly opened the door.

I'm the all-or-nothing type of person. I was going to sneak up there to the best of my ability and find out as much as I could. Go big or go home, and I do not want to go home, well, I guess this is my home now but, not the point.

As quietly as I could, I tip-toed out of my room. I decided it was best to wear socks because they would make less noise when I was walking. I wore the black socks that my mom bought me. On top of the right sock, there was a little patch my mom had sewn for me, it was a G for George. I missed my mom so much, but I sure didn't miss Wesley.

When I got to the end of the hallway, I silently walked up the stairs to the third floor and then to the fourth. I got to the top and there was a door with a window, I peeked inside to see what it looked like. They were some sort of special window because I couldn't see inside, it made everything blurry. I could open the door but the light was on, which meant someone was in there. If the door makes noise I would be caught but, I decided to take that chance. Who was working in there? I mean seriously, who works at midnight?

I slowly opened the door and to my lock, it made a loud creaking noise.

"Jaxon?" someone questioned.crap. I was in trouble. I froze and heard a chair moving. Someone was coming. I ran down the stairs in fear of being caught. It was way too slippery to run in socks and most of the flooring in this house was marble. I quickly took off my socks while I was running and ditched them on the stairs. I feel like Cinderella right now, only the fact that its past midnight and, oh yeah, I was running down the stairs of a mansion being chased by one of my brothers and trying not to get caught or else I would be dead.

I heard more than just one person running. There were many people chasing me. I sprinted down those stairs as fast as I could.

"Hey! Stop!" I heard someone yell, I think it was Blake.

"Is that you, George?!" Another voice said who I think was Sebastian.

If they caught me I was so dead. I ran so fast down the hallway to my bedroom and I got in and jumped in my bed. I took off my beanie and slid it under my bed and pulled up my blanket so they wouldn't see that I wasn't wearing my pyjamas.

I heard the door open and people step in. I could hear them walking closer and closer towards me. It was so hard not to smile.

"Do you think it was her?" I think Sebastian whispered.

"Well, probably not because she's asleep but, who else would it be?" I heard I think Blake whisper back. I listened as their voices got quieter and quieter until I couldn't hear them. I opened one eye to make sure they were gone.

My plan didn't work. I'll try it again some other night. I got up and put my black clothes and beanie away and put on my pyjamas.

What did you think? Don't miss the next chapter! A lot of stuff is going to happen! Tell me what you thought about this chapter and give me your suggestions in the comments! Chapter 3 will be coming very soon!