Chapter 4

I've been skating around the town for half an hour now. I didn't know where I was going exactly but I'm sure I would be able to find my way back home. I kept skating and I think I should head back now before I give all my brothers a heart attack. They should really be less overprotective and they didn't have the right to look through my phone.

I should head back now but I want to take a quieter way and I'm sure I could back home skating through the surveys that were up ahead. I turned and looked back behind me to see a bunch of teenage boys. I kept going through the survey and realized I was going in circles. Where was I?

 I looked behind me to see the boys were still there. They looked a couple of years older than me but they were definitely taller than me. I tried to count glancing back and I think there were seven of them. They were still behind me after I was going in circles. Were they following me? The thought frightened me. No, George, don't be silly, why would they be following you? I took some different turns to see if they were really following and they were.

I need to get away from them but what do I do? I started skating faster and faster to get away from them but they just picked up their pace and got faster as well. I picked up my board and sprinted. I sprinted as fast as I could and I didn't stop. I was taking tons of turns to try and lose them but I didn't. I ran up a giant grass hill leading to a park and then ran down the other side. 

I have no idea where I am. I also have no idea how to get home. To make everything worse, they were still following me. I ran down the hill, and it is hard to run with a skateboard in your hand.

I was going so fast but I tripped on a rock in the ground and went flying landing face-first on the grass. I scrambled to get up before they could catch up to me but they did. I was running but I was out of energy. The boys were laughing while I was panicking.

They were now running beside me and one of the boys grabbed my shirt stopping me from running. I bent over with my hands on my knees trying to catch my breath.

"What do you want!" I yelled, interrupting their laughing. 

"Come with us," one of them said.

"No! Get away from me!" I yelled.

One of them grabbed my skateboard out of my hand and held in the air so I couldn't reach it. All of a sudden they formed a circle and I was in the middle. I needed to get out but not without my skateboard.

"I know how to fight!" I yelled at the top of my lungs.

"Seven against one," a boy laughed.

"Just give me my board and leave me alone!" I demanded.

"Come and get it, shorty!" He teased holding my board up in the air.

That's it. I do not like being called short. I felt anger flowing through me like a waterfall. I tried to fight the urge but I couldn't. I punched the kid who was holding my skateboard right in the mouth. He started bleeding like crazy.

"She's just a girl! Punch her and she'll run away and cry!" One of the boys shouted.

He swung at me so I ducked and struck him back right in the mouth. He stepped away and I stood tall and proud. 

Two of the boys tried to grab my arms to restrict me from fighting. I elbowed them both in the face and they retreated. Two of the boys were already out of the way, trying to help the other boys who I injured. That left one boy, the tallest one. He approached me trying to get me in a headlock. I pushed down on his face and reversed it. Now I had him in a headlock. I was on top of him on the ground punching him.

I got off, leaving him lying there injured. I yanked my skateboard from the first boy I had beat up and slowly backed away. I was proud of myself for standing my ground. It was seven against one, with boys who were much older and bigger than me and I still won.