Chapter 12

I waited to get home and see Tyler. I was extremely uncomfortable sitting in between Blake and Sebastian and Jaxon sitting across from.

I'm scared of how much trouble I'm going to be in. No, don't be scared George. Why be scared? I need to be confident. Yes, I am George Reese and I am fearless. That's more like it. I've been in way deeper trouble than this before. I beat up a group of seven older boys and I wasn't scared, so they'res no need to be scared of Tyler or any of my other brothers. They should be scared of me.

We're finally home and I stepped out of the limo. Now's my chance to escape. I ran onto the sidewalk, I dodged Jaxon and Bumped right into Sebastian who caught me before I fell. Why does he have to be so strong? Maybe it's the fact that I was running so fast and that's why I fell but seriously?

As soon as he caught me, he hauls me over his shoulder.

"I got it," Jaxon said and then Sebastianliterally picked me up and put me on Jaxon's shoulder.

"PUT ME DOWN!" I scream.

"No, we can't trust you to walk so I'm carrying you," Jaxon said.

Is that what this is about? Trust? Do they not trust me because I'm breaking their stupid rules? If I follow their rules will they trust me? Do they think I can't protect myself because they don't trust me? If I earn their trust will they acknowledge the fact the I can protect myself?

When we got to the door Jaxon put me down and pushed me to the living room. Of course, the first thing I try to do is run upstairs, but Sebastian immediately grabs my wrist and drags me to the giant living room and pushes me onto one of the couches and sits beside me.

All of my brothers are now in the living room and scolding me. Tyler walks in and sits across from me.

"George, I'm extremely disappointed," Tyler said while emphasizing the word extremely.

"Yeah, yeah, just cut to the chase," I said, wanting to leave as soon as possible. There's nothing more intimidating than being in a room filled with all of my brothers.

Tyler and Blake immediately raised an eyebrow.

"Excuse me?" Tyler said.

I opened my mouth to roast him but then closed it. Is talking back going to help me? Or get me into deeper trouble?

"Fine..........I'm sorry," I said nicely but feeling extremely bitter on the inside.  Is this going to help my case? Or just make me look wimpy? I never say sorry...ever, mostly because it's never my fault.

They all looked shocked at my apology. 

"Wait actually?" Jaxon blurt out.

I kept my mouth closed to refrain from getting into any more trouble.

"I'm glad you're sorry George, but what you did was wrong and you had no right to run away or disobey us," Tyler began.

Seriously?! 'I had no right to run away?!' They don't even know the reason I ran away! I ran away to prove to them that I could take care of myself! I can protect myself but they act like I can't. They act like they had nothing to do with the reason I ran away and they do! It was all their fault that I ran away!

"Seriously Tyler?!" I yelled. 

"Watch your tone, George," Blake scolded.

Did he really just say that. Well, I can be just as tough too.

"WHAT THE HELL IS WRONG WITH YOU GUYS?!" I screamed at the top of my lungs.

"Watch it, George," Sebastian says.

"You guys don't even know the reason I ran away, do you?" I said more as a statement than a question.

They all looked confused.

"Guys, maybe George has a reason, let's let her talk," Alex said, trying to be the peacekeeper.

"It better be a good one," Jaxon muttered.

I clenched my teeth and glared at him and clearly, Alex noticed how angry I was getting.

"George, calm down and explain and not one of us is going to interrupt you," Alex said while glaring at his brothers to signal not to interrupt.

"Because...you guys didn't believe in me and I was sick of it...I wanted to prove that I could protect myself," I admit.

They were all speechless.

"What makes you think that?" Caleb asked.

"When you say things like you're just a girl, you too small, you're not capable," I trailed off.

I got a somewhat sympathetic look on their faces, even Sebastian and Jaxon.

"George, I'm very sorry you thought that we were underestimating you, but we're not, we know you are fierce, strong and you aren't afraid of anything but, we just want to protect you," Tyler said.

"From what?" I asked curiously.

"We have dangerous jobs and let's just say people are out to get us," Blake said.

"And that's why we have to protect you, but when you run away as you did, we can't protect you," Caleb said.

We talked out the argument for the rest of the night. Tyler gave a less harsh punishment when he heard the reason I ran away. I'm grounded for three weeks and no phone for one week. From now on, I'm going to try to stay out of trouble as much as I can.

So what did you think? Did you like this chapter?

Give me your suggestions for the next chapters I'd love to hear them!!!!