Chapter 3

I woke up on Saturday morning, remembering what happened last night. I almost got caught sneaking up to the fourth floor. Blake and Sebastian chased me and ended up in my room. I hope they didn't do any investigation to figure out it was me.

I got out of bed and got ready for the day. Hopefully today I could go to the skatepark. I need to get back to practicing. I took a shower in my huge bathroom. I never had a bathroom all to myself. I changed into my green camo shorts, a black short sleeve shirt and I put on my baseball cap backwards. It was kind of my style to wear my hat backwards.

I walked downstairs into the living to find all of my brothers except Tyler, sitting on the couch staring and some glaring at me. I couldn't help but find that intimidating. They definitely knew.

"George, sit down, we need to talk to you," Blake said pointing to an empty seat on the end of the couch next to Caleb.

"Sure, what's up?" I said as casually as I could while sitting down on the couch next to Caleb. 

I need to keep my poker face. I can't look suspicious. I laid back on the couch with my hands behind my head confidently. All of a sudden they all stood up and were now facing me standing while I was the only one on the couch.

"Were you on the fourth floor last night?" Sebastian asked glaring at me.

"What? Why would I do that? Tyler told me not too," I said trying to sound as innocent as possible.

"George!" Jaxon yelled.

"Tell the truth! Were you on the fourth floor?" He asked trying to look as intimidating as possible.

"No," I stated calmly.

"George, you have one more chance to tell us the truth," Caleb commanded.

"No, why would I even go up there?" I lied, knowing that the reason I went up there was that I was curious.

"So you're saying you never went up there?" Sebastian questioned.

"No, I did not go up there," I lied again.

"Oh, really?" Blake said holding out my socks.

"Those aren't mine," I blurted.

He unfolded the right sock, showing the patch my mom had sewn with a G on it. How could I be so stupid? Why on earth did I leave my socks there and not take them with me?

"Fine, I did!" I admit turning to my stomach and burying my face in the couch.

Blake grabbed my arm to pull me up off the couch but instead, I flinched in pain. I hurt my forearm skateboarding a few days earlier back at my old home but I decided not to tell anyone because they might decide it was too dangerous and not let me skate, they already seemed overprotective enough.

"What was that?" Sebastian gawked.

"What was what?" I asked casually trying to make it sound like I had no idea what he was talking about, but I obviously did.

"You know what I'm talking about, George, you may be a good actress but you can't play dumb," Sebastian assured me.

"But there is nothing wrong with my arm!" I looked down at myself, reflecting on what I just said and the fact that I gave away my secret. Why didn't I just keep my mouth shut this time?

"Let's see your arm," Blake demanded.

"No, there's nothing there," I confirmed.

"If there's nothing there then let us see," he demanded.

I watched as all of their eyes dropped down to my arm.

"Okay," I stated confidently.

I pulled up the sleeve to my left arm revealing that there was nothing there.