Chapter 8

(Back to George's POV)

After we went shopping today, we got home and I went to my room to put away all of the new stuff I bought. 

After my mom died, I lived with Wesley, who never cared about me, but now, I live with my six older brothers who I think really do care about me. The feeling flowing inside of me made me happy.

I have one question that I've been dying to ask. Well, I actually had a lot of questions but, this one is the one I wanted answered the most. What happened to my dad? Is he alive? He must have lived with my brothers when they were younger to take care of them, right? I wanted to know so badly. I can't ask though, I just can't.

Jaxon walked into my room as I was unpacking my clothes.

"Do you want to go to the skatepark?" He asked.

"Yes!" I screamed and jumped off of my bed to go get my skateboard out of my closet.

"Meet me downstairs in five minutes," he laughed.

I ran downstairs with my skateboard and put on my shoes. 

"Alright let's go," Jaxon said as he grabbed his skateboard.

I didn't know he had a skateboard. Was he good?

We started skating down the road, but it was really awkward.

"So how long have you been skating?" I asked.

"A couple of years, just for fun, what about you?" 

"I've been skating since I was eight."

"Wow, you must be really good."

I shrugged my shoulders. 

I know I'm really good but I don't like bragging.

There was an awkward silence for the rest of the way.

We were finally here. I skate on the half-pipe and did all of my tricks. Jaxon was impressed. I could tell because his jaw dropped.

We skate for an hour before heading home. It was good to finally get to skate at a skatepark.

"You ready to go?" Jaxon asked.

"Yeah," I agreed.

We started skating home and it was again awkward. It was spitting and looked like it was going to start raining.

When we turned the corner, we ran into the same group of boys that I had beat up. I tightened my fists by my side and got prepared for what was about to happen. The first boy that I had punched stepped forward. I assume he was the leader of the group. He smirked at me and all the boys gave each other the same look. I stood my ground and inched forward to show I wasn't afraid of them. He looked at me and then realized Jaxon was there. Jaxon stepped in front of me and the boy stepped back and eyed his friends to retreat. What was that? Why were they scared of Jaxon? And why did Jaxon step in front of me? I can defend myself, I don't need him.

The boys all stared at each other and slowly backed away. This made me angry. I don't need Jaxon to protect me. I can protect and fight for myself, I already did. I beat up those boys all by myself. I didn't need Jaxon, of any of my brothers to protect me. 

Those boys had left so fast, they retreated around the corner and ran. Why were they so afraid of Jaxon? Why weren't they as afraid of me? I'm the one who beat them up.

I stood in the same spot, anger growing inside of me. The words my brothers had said repeated in my head. They go to the same school as us but don't worry, we'll protect you. Remembering those words only made me angrier.