Chapter 6

It was now Monday. Last night I barely got any sleep because I was too busy thinking but I still woke up at 5 a.m for my daily workout. I haven't done it in a while but to be an athlete, you have to train, so I get up at 5 a.m almost every day to train.

Yesterday I noticed there was a home gym on the ground floor. I put on some workout shorts and a crop top because I usually sweat a lot.

I started by running on the treadmill. I ran for half an hour and then switched to core exercises. If you want it, you have to earn it. Go big or go home. I'd rather wake up early and do a big workout than wake up late and a small pathetic work-out.

After a long time of doing core exercises, it was time to do my favourite part which was lifting weights. I started by warming up by doing bicep curls with twenty-pound weights.

I moved onto bench pressing next. I was going to bench press one hundred pounds. I lift that much every morning and I'm used to it. 

I laid down ready to bench press it. I lifted the weight three times. My muscles were aching but that was a good thing which meant I was getting stronger. 

"That's impressive."

I turned my head to see Blake and Caleb standing in the doorway.

"Why are you here and how long have you been here?" Blake asked.

"I wake up and exercise almost every morning and I've been here for about an hour," I answered.

"That's impressive but you shouldn't bench press without a spotter," Blake said.

I shrugged my shoulders. "I've always bench-pressed by myself and I haven't gotten injured once," I assured him.

"Why do you work out every morning?" Caleb asked.

"To be good at skateboarding, you have to earn it," I said while doing push-ups.

I didn't hear either of them speak.

"Why are  you guys here?" I asked while doing sit-ups.

"We do morning work-outs sometimes," Caleb mumbled.

"Cool. I'm almost done so then you guys can have the gym to yourselves," I mentioned.

I finished doing sit-ups and I had now been working out for an hour and a half.

I finished doing sit-ups as fast as I could and got out of there. I don't want to be in the same room as Caleb and Blake.

I left and walked back to my room. I showered and got dressed. I put on a black cropped t-shirt that said Thrasher on it.

Even though I wasn't going to school today, I still wanted to get ready for the day and be productive.

I walked downstairs to the kitchen and sat at the island beside Jaxon. Sebastian and Alex were sitting on the couch watching tv.

"George, what the hell are you wearing?" Jaxon scolded.

"What? It's just a shirt," I answered truthfully.

"It's too short, go change it," Jaxon ordered.

"But-" I started.

"I said go change it now," Jaxon demanded.

What was the big deal? It was just a shirt. It wasn't that short, you could only see my stomach if I reached up. Besides, it was a hot day, would they rather have me wear a bikini? I don't think so.

I wasn't going to let Jaxon win this time. I didn't have to change it if I didn't want to.

Sebastian and Alex got up from the couch and came to get involved in this argument.

"George, he's right, it's too short, you should change it," Alex said as sympathetically as possible.

There was nothing wrong with my shirt, I see no reason to change it. Arguing with my brothers wasn't going to get me out of this, I was going to guilt-trip my way out of this.

"Why? Don't you think I look good in it?" I frowned trying to hide my smirk.

"No, no, you do it's just...It's a little too short," Alex tried to explain.

"Do I look bad in it?" I asked as I looked down at my stomach pretending to be self-conscious.

"No,  no, you look good in it it's just..." Jaxon said as he trailed off.

I stared at the floor refusing to blink so that my eyes watered. I deserve an Oscar award for this acting.

"George you look really good it's just a reason you wouldn't understand," Alex assured me.

They're buying it.

"It's okay, you don't have to lie," I fake cried.

I was trying so hard not to laugh, it was impossible. I couldn't help but giggle. I looked up to see all of their confused faces and my eyes starting to clear up.

"Why are you laughing?" Sebastian questioned.

Oh no. What am I supposed to say now?

"Um...I just...uh...thought of something,"

"Um...okay?" Alex questioned confused.

Okay, maybe I don't deserve an Oscar but I pulled it off until I laughed.

"George, please just go change," Jaxon muttered.

"But why?" I asked.

"Because we said so," Sebastian ordered.

"Fine I'll change, but can you at least tell me why?" I compromised.

"No," Jaxon stated while pointing down the hall for me to go change.

"Well, that's unfair!" I pointed out.

"Look if we decide not to tell you something, it's for your own good," Sebastian said.

"I'm not changing without an answer!" I ordered.

"If you don't change, then you'll be grounded," Jaxon confirmed.

"What? Do you guys think I can't pull it off? Is that why you're making me change? Because you think I'm not skinny enough to wear it?" I asked.

That sure shut them up. Jaxon opened his mouth to say something, but then closed it. I am pretty small and I think I can pull off this top, but what else could it be? I want answers and they're not giving them to me.

"No George, you're perfect, it's just a reason you wouldn't understand," Alex said calmly.

I could really see how different Alex was to Jaxon and Sebastian. Alex was calm, forgiving, and nice, he was the peacekeeper of the family. Jaxon and Sebastian were always angry. They aren't as calm and considerate as Alex in a situation like this.

"What? Are you trying to protect me or something?" I asked.

"Listen, George, all we can tell you is that our jobs are dangerous and we are protecting you from bad people," Sebastian said.

Bad people? What kind of bad people? 

"You have a job? I thought you were in school?" I asked Sebastian.

"We are in school, but we still take part in our family business," Sebastian explained.

"Okay," I sighed while looking down at my stomach.

What did you think?! I'm sorry this chapter took so long but the next chapter will be up very soon! 

What did you think of this scenario?

Please, please, please leave me comments and suggestions! I love reading them and I am always open to taking your ideas!