XII

A/N: you know what? Writing 'Dabi POV' at the beginning of every chapter gives me cramps. *Shivers* So for now, unless I say otherwise, just assume everything is from Dabi's perspective. 

Also, HAPPY B-DAY SHINSO

Yee haw

---

There was a deathly silence.

"Ohonhonhonhon oui oui baguette," Shoto said, breaking the silence. "Sit down, Touya. It's gonna be a LOOONG talk..."

I obey, sitting on the big window sill. 

"Ok where do I start?" He mumbled.

"DABI-gining."

"Oh my god you're worse than Kaminari," Shoto groaned. "Moving on, the first time I knew I was gay for Izuku was when I first saw him. He looked so innocent... so pure that I wanted to keep him safe.

"But when he talked, I was completely blown away. His voice was the most heartwarming thing ever. I swear, there were angels there and everything.

"And BOOM: I felt all hopes of heterosexuality fly out the window like a majestic bird, or something. Then I extended an arm to the LGBTQA+ community,  and the rest is history."

"Hmm," I hummed.

"Riddle me this, big bro. Do you wanna hold this person tight and never let go? Does one of their smiles feel like 50 from someone else? Do they make you feel loved? Weightless? Safe?"

"Holy shit," I muttered. "Oh my fuck, I like Shigaraki."

"Yeah no dip."

"Shotooo what do I dooo?" I beg. 

"I'd say wait. Don't ask them out right away. Spend more time with them," He advises. "By the way, Fyumi and Natsuo send their love."

I smile. "T-that means a lot. Tell them I give them my love, too."

"I will," Shoto states. "Talk to you soon, right?"

"You can count on it. 'Bye."

"'Bye."

And with that, my brother ended the call. 

"Wow," I mutter. "I like Shigaraki. God, I feel like a teenage schoolgirl."

I lean against the window, staring at the sunset. It looked so pretty with its oranges, yellows, pinks, and... reds. They were pretty reds, but they are nothing compared to Shigaraki's eyes.

Shigarakis eyes are a soft, taming red. They remind me of a star. So bright, that they light up everything around them. But when angry... supernova. They blow up.

Not literally, of course. But when upset, his eyes darken. And in the next instant blinding light that's filled with so much emotion your paralyzed. Concerned. Threatened, even. And those eyes were always calculating.

Wow... I'm in so deep.

Suddenly, I hear two knocks on the door. 

"Come in!" I say. "Doors open."

And who other than Shigaraki walks in, holding his new paint supplies. 

"So uh.." He muttered. "I wanted to test some-"

"Say no more!" I interrupt. I pull a chair over next to my bed. "Do you wanna sit on the chair or bed?" 

"Um... chair."

"Ok then," I reply, sitting on the bed. Shigaraki proceeds to sit on the chair, setting his supplies on a piece of cardboard. 

"Turn around," He mumbles. "I'm going to try it on the back of your neck.

"Cool!" I say, and turn around. 

The feeling of Shiga's cool hand on my skin made me calm, relaxed even. Once again, the soft paintbrush strokes sparked my skin. I suddenly hear a soft melody. It appeared Shigaraki was humming.

"Hey, is that 'Wish you were gay'?" I ask.

"Yeah," He replied. Shigaraki started to sing the lyrics quietly, which gave me an idea. I started beatboxing background music. 

Shigaraki momentarily paused, surprised, but kept going anyway. The gentle brush strokes and Shigaraki's voice immersed me in a happy feeling. A feeling that changed my life.

Because that's when I realized I love Shigaraki, TRULY loved him.

Shoto described it as 'carefree, bliss, addicting'. But for me it was intoxicating. I wanted to wake up feeling like this. I want to live my life on this feeling... I wanted to live like this forever.

That was mushy.

"Dabi..." Handyman muttered. "What's it like to love?"

"I- what?"

"Oh uh..." Shiga shrugged. "You looked dazed. I thought it must be love or something. My sister had that look when she was thinking 'bout someone she loved."

"Oh well..." I gulped. "Love is... cool?"

Shigaraki snorted. "'Love is cool'. Dabi, 2020."

"Shut your up! Anyway... it's amazing. Breathtaking," I took a deep breath. "Love makes you feel like your glowing. You're constantly thinking about that one person. And that person makes you happy."

Shigaraki's brows furrowed. "The league makes me happy. But I don't wanna date them all. So what makes love different from friendship?"

Shigaraki momentarily stopped painting. I turned around to face him, giving Shigaraki a soft smile. The blue-haired leader's cheeks had a small pink tint to them.

"Think of it this way," I began. "Tomura Shigaraki, you will meet people who will be your stars. However, there will be one person who will be your galaxy. That's how you know love."

Shigaraki was shocked. His eyebrows were arched, and his mouth was slightly opened. Shiga's ruby eyes were wide, hopeful.

I wanted to kiss him right then and there. 

But I didn't.

I wanted his consent. I wanted to make sure he felt the same way I did. I wanted our first kiss to be perfect. Breathtaking. But most of all, I wanted him to be happy. To want me. A me with no filter.

And let's just say, I would give Tomura Shigaraki my whole galaxy.