XVIII

"Sure," I replied. "Your room or mine?"

"Ooooh," Toga and Twice chorused, making kissy lips.

"Oh my gosh why?" Shigaraki asked, completely done with life.

"Because why not?" I countered.

"Your supposed to be on MY side," Shigaraki defended.

"You know they had to do it to him," Toga murmured. 

"Top ten anime betrayals," Twice agreed.

"Diagnosis? Not enough ice," Toga fired back.

Shigs rolls his eyes, and drags me to his room. I take a seat on a stool, as he sets up his supplise. He grabs my hand, and then proceeds to paint my wrist to my fingertips. 

"So," I begin. "I'm not one to make small talk. But after your foster care backstory, I have one question."

"Go ahead. It's not like anyone values my privacy anyway."

"Shigaraki... were you ever depressed?"

"Nah," Shigaraki replies. "I mean, it would make sense if I was depressed. But I'm not. For some reason, I would akways think 'would Hatsume or Tetsutetsu want me to give up?'  So far, that kept me going." 

"T-that's so inspirational!" I praised, using my free hand to dry fake tears.

"What 'bout you?" Shigs says. "Were you ever depressed?"

"Oh yeah," I answered. "All the time."

Shigaraki suddenly froze, and looked me in the eye. I swear- I even saw a small tear.

"WHAT?!" He cried.

"Shit- I'm not depressed NOW," I clarify. "But oh my god in Elementary School, I was the saddest piece of crap alive."

"Um... are you SURE your ok now?"

"Yup!" I answer cheerfully. "I got over it, so I'm REALLY lucky. I even found someone I love."

Shigaraki mouthed 'oh' before looking away. He looked... hurt for some reason. But then it was quickly replaced my his typical scowel.

"So uh... I don't wanna pry or anything," Blues clues started, as he continued to paint. "But what happened?"

"My 'dad' was, and is, a peice of shit."

"Explain...?"

"So it all started when I got my quirk. My 'dad' was mildly upset when he realized it was all fire no ice, but he would have to make do. He would start doing 'training sessions'. But it was basically 'deflect my quirk with your till you pass out'.

"Everyday he would get upset because I wasn't 'strong enough. That I was weak. Hopeless. Useless. And soon, I started to believe him. So I began to punish myself. Things like 'refuse a meal, your not worth it' and 'make one cut'. My siblings were my only escape.

"Eventually, I told Twice. He convinced me to stop cutting, and eat. He also told me what Env*avor was doing is wrong. And then my last 'training' session happened..." I trail off

-Flashbackkkk-

"TOUYA!" End*avor bellowed. "TRAINING TIME!" 

"Tou?" Shoto questioned. "Where are you going?"

I gently picked him up, and put him on his bed. I grabbed my phone out of my pocket, and typed in the password. 

"Sho, I need to go do something. Play with this for now, ok?" I said, handing him the phone.