XXI

"So how is this gonna work?" Shigaraki asked. 

We were in my bedroom, laying on my bed. Tomura is facing the ceiling, and I had turned my head to face him.

"Well," I began. "I like you. And you like me. And now you're my boyfriend."

"Yeah, that's what the last chapter summed up."

"Does the fourth wall mean nothing to you?"

"Nah, the fourth wall's gonna be breaking like Wall Maria."

I playfully rolled my eyes. I then decided to take a big risk, because yolo, and inched my hand closer to Shigaraki's. Now, I didn't know if Tomura is ok with PDA, or any contact at all. So I moved slowly.

 I overlap my hand over his, and leave it there. Giving him time to say no. But it ended up being quite the opposite, seeing as he intertwined my scarred hand with his bandaged one. I gently stroked his hand with my thumb, which seemed to comfort both of us. 

"Tomura, I'm going to state the obvious. I love you. And I want to do things like this," I gesture to our intertwined hands. "All the time. I want you to feel loved. So, so loved. But I don't know if you want to do things like this. So I'm asking for your consent."

"Oh hell yeah," Shigaraki said. "I love this. You. Everything we're doing. So be my guest. Spoil me with affection to your hearts content."

I smile, and kiss his cheek. Then his hand. Then his neck. And nose... and forehead. Tomura starts laughing, and I smile even more at that.

"'Cmon Shigs, I wanna show you something," I say, ending the small chain of kisses.

"Is this a date?" He teases, his cheeks tinted pink.

"Absolutely," I answered. 

"Awesome," Shigaraki replied. "Should I change or....?"

"You don't have to if you don't want to," I say. "It's not any place fancy or anything."

"Eh. Then I'll stay in this," Shigaraki said, gesturing to his outfit. He had on black ripped jeans and a Sanity Falls T-shirt. He also had on an unbuttoned blue flannel with the sleeves rolled up. He also had on his signature red converse.

I had on a similar outfit, an unzipped black sweatshirt with a red shirt underneath. I also had on ripped jeans, only mine were blue. I also had on black sneakers. I grabbed the picnic basket, and tied my shoelaces. Shigaraki did the same, seeing as his were untied too. 

"'Cmon 'Mura!" I said happily, grabbing his hand once more. "The world awaits!"

"As my dear mother Gothel once said, 'The outside world is a dangerous place'."

"As me and Twice would say," I countered. "Improvise, adapt, overcome!"

-Time skip brought to you by Hagakure's underpaid job-

"Here we are!" I said happily.

"I walked all this way... for some trees?" Shigaraki asked. 

"You bet," I said, laughing. "Follow me! There's a little more to this than 'some trees'."

Shigaraki shrugged and laughed, and then followed me into the woods. Around halfway through, he started humming 'Lost in the woods'. 

"Ok Shigs," I say, when we were close to arriving at our destination. "I'm going to cover your eyes. It has to be a surprise!"

"Um... weird but ok."

I slip one hand over Shigaraki's eyes, and hang the picnic basket off my arm so I can use my other hand to guide him. 

"I feel like I'm going to fall," Shigaraki said.

"Don't worry," I whisper in his ear. "I'll catch you."

"Oh no I'm screwed," Tomura jokes, giving a sassy hand wave. I frown and poke his cheek. 

A little while later, we arrive at the lake. It looks as amazing as ever. I slowly take my hand off of Tomura's face. He flinches at the light, and then blinks a few times. And then his mouth opens in amazement. 

"My god, this place is beautiful."

"I know," I reply. I guide him close to the waters edge, but not too close. We don't want the food getting wet. With the help of Shigaraki, I unpack the picnic basket. 

"I get to eat more of this?" Shigaraki says, gesturing to the noodles. "I feel blessed."

"Consider this an offering," I said. "The next time I'm cooking this, you're helping."

"Darn," Shigs cursed. "Wait- if I'm helping you, that means I get a taste test!"

"Pearl point."

We spend the next few moments in silence, eating soba and admiring the lake. I don't know exactly when, but Shigaraki leaned his head on my shoulder. His soft blue hair tickled my skin, and his soft breaths could be heard, making me blush. 

-Time Skip brought to you by Twice's minecraft rants-

"Dabi?" I said. He says, in the sweetest voice ever making my heart flutter. I kiss the tip of his nose, and pull him closer, if possible.

"Yeah Tomura?"

"You know when you said I would meet someone who would be my galaxy?" 

"Yeah," I whispered in reply. Shigaraki looked up at me, smiling. His eyes were glowing with happiness, and I found out he had dimples.

"Dabi Whatever-your-last-name-is, you're my galaxy. You're all the stars combined. Your everything."

"I-" I stutter, speechless. "That was so fucking adorable and right now I wanna kiss you."

"Then do it."

And so I did.

With the stars in the background, reflecting off the lake. With the gentle breeze blowing through our hair, and crickets chirping. With the glow from the moon as bright as ever. 

And it was perfect.

Just like Shigaraki.

***

Noooooooooo it's coming to an END!!! *cries* Honestly, this book is making me feel so single