Storytime

(Wee sister, where we go?)

(We are going outside)

(Story)

(You want another story)

(Mhm)

When we got out to the garden, the roses were in full bloom showing all the colors and shades a rose can be. It is beautiful. Sitting down in a spot that overlooks the garden under the tree, I set Reena down.

(How about I tell a story that I was once told)

Nodding her head expectantly, I start to tell the tale. Just as I began, Elliot popped out of the rose bush.

(I want to listen too)

(Okay, come here)

On cue, Elliot came over and rested his head on my shoulder while Reena put her head on my lap.

(One upon a time, In a land much like our own lived a young prince. Unlike us, the prince never experienced love weather; it was a hug from his parents to the care of his servants. The young prince knew of love but never felt it. One day he asked, "Maid love me, and I shall give you all the riches in the world." But the maid could not give the prince love. Angry that the one thing he wanted he could never get, he took out his anger on others. One day, when he was older, he met a young girl. She looked like a ray of love and hope. Once he felt something he could not explain, he didn't get angrier and took his anger out on the girl. Every day he would feel that emotion, and every day, he would take it out on her. Until one day he saw her with another man. That's when the prince felt ugly emotional jealousy. That day he went to the young girl who no longer shone like the sun around him and asked, " What is this feeling that I get when I am around you? Sometimes it hurts. Other times. It is pleasant. Though when you see you with another man, I get angry and sad, wanting to keep you to myself." The young girl said to him, "Isn't that emotion called love?" Now putting a word to that feeling, the prince regretted all of his actions and tried to earn her love. Years later, he surrendered that his love would never be returned, and he became king. Believing he would never find love to be replaced, his life became cold. Until one day, he met someone who gave him the feeling of warmth and funny; she experienced someone who returned his feelings of love. Then soon becoming the Queen that will stand beside him.)