past memory

["Mommy, Mommy, look."

Holding up a simple picture that I had worked on, I showed it to my mom proudly.

"Awe, it looks nice, sweetie. You need to work on it a little bit harder than you'll be just as good as your siblings."

Confused, I tilted my head.

"Mommy, I'm not trying to be as good as them."

"Sweetie, what do you mean?"

"I don't want to be like my siblings."

"Sweetie, you are not like everyone else."

"Just because I have a few disabilities doesn't mean I can't try doing better than someone else."

"Sweetie, you can't."

"Why can't I?"

"Sweet-"

"No, every day I work hard, and I come home to show you how hard I worked, and all you say is try harder, then you'd be like your siblings. I want to be me."

*slap*

It hurt my cheek stung, and I didn't care anymore.

"Now you listen here. You know that's not what I meant."

"Then why do you always compare me to them."

"If I make a mistake, I'm told that I couldn't be like my older sister. If I do something good, im told to work harder to be like my older brother. When I told you I wanted to join the army, you told me to join the military because big brother was in the military."

*slap*]

Why is my face wet? Oh, I am crying. Why did I have to dream about something from my past life?

"Damn it."

"Sis, look."

Huh, when did she get in the room?

"Hey, come here."

Crawling onto the bed, my little sister showed me a painting. It was us all together.

"It looks amazing, Reena."

"Really, or are you just saying it?"

"You already know im a terrible liar, so no, im not just saying it."

"I doubt you."

"Haha, then doubt me because no matter what, I'll still say it looks amazing."

Holding her in my arms, I took away the painting and set it on the nightstand.

"Sis, what are you doing."

"The tickle monster is going to get you."

"What?"

Trying to get away from me, I started to tickle teens, and as revenge, she wanted to get me too, but I kept on my target.