Crystal Clear

Jacque had found himself in a rather odd situation considering the sudden intrusion by Jean Bart.

She and the Vichya Dominion were interested in looking for a commander to keep them on track, and Jacque just so happened to be the "best pick" according to her.

Richelieu also happened to be looking for a commander for "religious reasons" according to Jean Bart, and Jacque was the only other commander that understood both sides.

"Oh dear... I don't have to pick a side do I?" Jacque asks as he looks at Andre. The two are resting on the couches in the common room, the former fully aware of the situation he's in.

"I can't say shit, you're on your own." Andre chuckles.

"Screw you." Jacque replies as Le Triomphant approaches him.

"Bonjou le commandant!" Le Triomphant calls out. "Would you like to join me for a walk?" That's when Le Malin walks in.

"Le commandant... I can't get a good nap... Can I nap with you?" Le Malin asks before flopping onto Jacque's chest.

"Oof!" Jacque says as the destroyer accidentally knocks the wind out of him before he fully realizes that Le Malin is resting on top of him. "Sorry Le Triomphant, I can't really move and I don't want to knock over Le Malin."

"Aw phooey. Okay..." Le Triomphant replies, puffing her cheeks in denial.

"If it helps I'll walk around with you." Andre says.

"It's okay, I wanted le commandant to walk with me." Le Triomphant replies.

"Ouch man, shot down on the spot." Jacque chuckles.

"Shut up." Andre mumbles.

"Mmph... Keep it down will you?" Le Malin mumbles as she continues to make herself comfortable sleeping on top of Jacque. That's when another voice calls out and the destroyer perks her head up.

"Le Malin! Where are you?" Dunkerque's voice calls out.

"Wait was that Dunkerque?!" Le Malin asks as she practically bolts onto her feet. "Oh goody goody that must mean the sweet stuff is ready!"

"Sweet stuff?" Jacque asks.

"Don't you know? Dunkerque only makes the best of the best when it comes to sweets!" Le Malin replies. "Come on! I'll show you!"

"Whoa! Hey!" Jacque chuckles as the destroyer pulls him along.

"Have fun!" Andre calls out.

"Shut up!" Jacque shouts back as Le Malin pulls him to the kitchen where Dunkerque is waiting.

"Ah Le Malin, just in ti- le commandant?" Dunkerque suddenly asks as she sees Le Malin pulling Jacque along.

"She kinda just pulled me along. Something about how you make some of the best sweets." Jacque chuckles.

"Oh." Dunkerque chuckles back. "Yes I am pretty well known among the Vichy girls for my sweets. I just got done making some profiteroles, and you're free to try one."

"I will take up that offer." Jacque says as he grabs one before Le Malin can go after them. Unsurprisingly Le Malin grabs two and her eyes are alight as she decides between simply eating one at a time or stuffing them both into her mouth, something that makes Jack chuckle before he pops the puff into his mouth.

"What do you think?" Dunkerque asks. Jacque is at a loss for words as a unique sweetness hits Jacque's taste buds like a truck, and the sweetness is overwhelmingly good. The pasty almost seems to melt in his mouth and Jacque is silent for a minute or so as he savors it. "Earth to Jacque?"

"Sorry." Jacque chuckles as he swallows it. "It's just that good!"

"I'm glad to hear that." Dunkerque giggles as she and Jacque notice that Le Malin has tossed elegance aside and stuffed both puffs into her mouth at once.

"I take it she's been eating your sweets for quite a while?" Jacque chuckles.

"Yes she has." Dunkerque chuckles back. "I best get one myself before she eats them all." And Jacque nods in agreement.