08 i thought you were more agile than that

THE NEXT DAY, THE POGUES DECIDED IT WAS TIME TO DROP THE DRONE AND LOOK FOR THE ROYAL MERCHANT

THE NEXT DAY, THE POGUES DECIDED IT WAS TIME TO DROP THE DRONE AND LOOK FOR THE ROYAL MERCHANT. Talia and Kiara were responsible for keeping track of how far deep the drone was in the water, Pope and John B were directing the drone, while JJ drove the boat. They drove Pope's dad's boat out into the open water, which was seemingly calm. Once they had been driving for about a half hour, John B shouted for JJ to stop.

"Roger that! X marks the spot." JJ said as he slowed down. Kiara and Talia went to the edge of the boat as John B walked next to them with the drone ready to drop into the water.

"Alright, ladies and gentlemen, to going full Kook." He dropped the device into the water, which immediately sent the group into cheering. They all silently watched the drone sink further, Kiara keeping track of the depth with a piece of chalk. John B and Pope stood over the tablet, while the wind blew through Talia's hair as she kneeled, feeding the tether into the water.

"Alright JJ, we're right over it. Ten seconds northwest." John B directed, which JJ responded and moved the boat accordingly.

"100 feet!" Kiara yelled, seeing the orange tape her and Talia had placed on the tether every ten feet.

"And to quote The Hobbit, 'down, down, to Goblin Town. Down, down, down, my lad.'" Pope mumbled, his eyes still glued to the screen. Talia let out a light laugh, that in the most stressful situations Pope still had a nerdy joke in his head somewhere.

"400 feet!" Kiara yelled, placing a mark on the side of the boat. Talia looked behind her, seeing storm clouds forming and hearing a clap of thunder.

"I'm not liking the look of those clouds, John B." Talia told him, but he didn't respond, his eyes still on the. tablet screen.

"The tide's turning!"

"JJ? Ten seconds easy, south-southeast, alright?"

"Copy that!" He moved the boat in a half circle, grunting as he turned the wheel fast. The wind picked up and the water become choppier, hitting Talia's arms and face as she fed the tether into the water.

"JJ, twenty seconds mid-speed, south." John B directed again, earning an 'aye, aye' from JJ. Talia looked up, the clouds in front of her almost black.

"Keep the tether out of the prop." John B told her, moving her attention back to the task she was doing.

"I'm trying." She grunted, pulling the tether father away from the back of the boat.

"700 feet!" Kiara yelled over the wind. They all looked to the weathervane on top of the boat, which was spinning wildly. The boat began to rock in the waves, and Talia pushed herself farther back from the edge, not wanting the force of the boat ricking to push her off. Thunder crashed again as Talia moved the tether faster, wanting to get this done quicker so they could get out of the storm.