14 she didn't believe me

TALIA STOOD NEXT TO POPE, WATCHING HIM AND KIARA DEMONSTRATE HOW THEY WERE GOING TO GET THE GOLD OUT OF THE WELL

  TALIA STOOD NEXT TO POPE, WATCHING HIM AND KIARA DEMONSTRATE HOW THEY WERE GOING TO GET THE GOLD OUT OF THE WELL. She had come over earlier to help her friends prep for the big night of getting the gold out of the Crain house well. Since John B was still out fishing with Ward, it was mostly Kiara, Pope, and Talia doing the work while JJ sat with his legs in his new hot tub. If John B was here, he would tell JJ to get off of his ass and help, and Talia almost did that, but after Kiara explained what happened the night before with him, she laid off of him. Talia had comforted JJ about his dad before, but when Kiara told her about all of the bruises she saw, it made Talia sick. So, instead of telling him off for being lazy, Talia hugged him and told him that she would always be there for him, which he thanked her for.

"How's it feeling?" Pope asked as he and Talia watched Kiara sit in the winch he had constructed with some scrap metal from his dad's shop. He hung it in a tree to simulate it hanging from the well.

"Feel's good." Kiara said, pulling on the rope to make sure it was secure. Pope nodded and began to pull her down.

"John B, pulling a Houdini." JJ remarked from the hot tub, moving around and touching all the nozzles.

"Yeah, where is he?"

"He came to see me before he left with Ward to go fishing, he should be here soon with Sarah so we can do this." Talia told them. John B had come to her window at the ungodly hour he woke up to say hi and goodbye. He came to her window, giving her a quick kiss before taking off towards the Cameron dock, preparing the My Druthers for him and Ward.

"Well, he better hurry up, I got my scholarship interview tomorrow morning." Pope reminded them as John B walked up to the Chateau, not greeting his friends or even looking at them.

"Speak of the devil, hey! Dude, I set up the entire winch to pull up the hold and everything." JJ told him as he continued to walk towards the house, completely ignoring his friends bickering about who set up the winch. Talia watched him, and followed in with furrowed brows.

"Hey, what's wrong? Is everything okay?" She asked him calmly as he rummaged through drawers, cabinets, anything.

"John B, you're starting to scare me. Did something happen?" Talia walked closer to him, but he pushed past her, now rummaging through a china cabinet. JJ, Pope, and Kiara filed in, all asking him what was wrong and what he was looking for.

"Bro, what's going on?" JJ asked as he flipped over a couch cushion and pulled out the gun.

"John B, what'd you need the gun for, man?" JJ asked, walking towards him. John B roughly shoved him onto the pull out bed, making his way towards the kitchen and the back of the house, where Talia still was. Pope moved in front of him, but he shoved him onto a table that was pushed into Kiara. Talia followed him as he quickly walked to the back of the house and out the door, calling his name.