11 skeeter

AFTER JOHN B HAD GOTTEN RELEASED FROM THE HOSPITAL, WARD DROVE HIM, SARAH AND TALIA BACK HOME

AFTER JOHN B HAD GOTTEN RELEASED FROM THE HOSPITAL, WARD DROVE HIM, SARAH AND TALIA BACK HOME. She was ecstatic when Ward had said yes to her proposition. Talia knew her own mother wouldn't allow it, her daughter's delinquent boyfriend living under her roof, and that he was a Pogue no less. Ward had always been like a second father to the girl, and became more of one after her father left. He didn't hide his feelings and told the girl her father was a major ass for leaving her, her mother, and her brother like that, and always checked up on her whenever he saw her. Talia's father and Ward had been friends since they were children, and watching their own grow up so closely made Ward think of Talia as a daughter. It hurt him as well to see one of his oldest friends leave his family in the dust with no explanation, and he mourned with Talia, almost understanding her grief.

When Talia got home, she passed out for a few hours, she didn't get much sleep when she was at the hospital waiting for John B. After she awoke, Talia pulled on a bikini, blue tank top, and jean shorts, her outfit being mostly the same during the summer. You never knew when you would be getting in the water, so wearing a bathing suit was the culture in the Outer Banks during the summer months.

She walked out the back door of her house, narrowly missing her mother in the kitchen. Stepping into the grass and across the gravel of the Cameron driveway, she made the way to the guest bedroom window. Talia had been in the house so many times growing up, she knew it almost as well as her own. Peering in the window, she could see John B looking over the maps she had given him the night before. Talia smiled and did a light tap on the window, causing him to turn his head, spotting the girl at in one of the many windows in the room. She motioned for him to come out, and he folded up the map, following her command and coming outside.

"Hey Routledge, or should I say Cameron now?" She smiled as he walked out the french doors, slinging his backpack over his shoulders and closing the door softly. He chuckled and shook his head.

"Routledge is just fine." He said to the girl, who nodded as he pulled her in close. "Did I ever say thank you for doing all of this?" He gestured towards the house, and Talia smiled at him and only shook her head.

"You don't need to. I called in a favor with Sarah, and Ward likes you. It wasn't very hard to convince him." She told him, running her hands over the sides of his arms, stopping at his cast. He watched her do this lovingly, and noticed a dark bruise on her wrist. He stopped her and gently grabbed her hand, inspecting her wrist more.

"What's this from?" He asked her concerned. She rolled her eyes, not even noticing the mark before.

"Oh, from my mother's death grip before our grand exit from Midsummers last night. It doesn't hurt, I'm sure it'll go away in a few days." She assured him, while he shook his head, softly tracing the mark with his thumb. He let go of her, and idea popping in his head. He untied the blue bandana from around his neck and tied it around her wrist, hiding her bruise.