09 i shouldn't be trusted with this

TALIA AND JOHN B BOLTED DOWN THE DOCK, JUST MISSING THE CUT OFF FOR THE FERRY

TALIA AND JOHN B BOLTED DOWN THE DOCK, JUST MISSING THE CUT OFF FOR THE FERRY. The ticket man had just begun to walk away when the two teens got to the booth.

"Excuse me sir, are you sold out?" John B asked frantically as the man walked away.

"You aren't the only ones trying to get off the island." He told the teens, walking away and leaving them frustrated at what to do. John B looked around and his eyes locked in a someone. He gripped Talia's hand and pulled her behind him, telling her to follow him, like she really had a choice.

"So, have you ever been on a tugboat?" He asked the girl as they quickly walked down the dock, letting go of her hand. She shook her head. The only boat she had ever been on were her families yachts and the Pogue. They approached a gruff man, and Talia assumed he worked on the boat.

"You're not serious, John B." She told him as he walked closer to the man.

"We just gotta talk our way out of this barge, we can do this." He said to her, reminding her of her charming nature when it came to talking her way in and out of things. He cleared his throat, walking up to the man.

"Hey Cap! Look, my sister and I really need to get on this boat. Can we hop on?"

"Please, sir, we're trying to get to the mainland to see our sick grandmother." Talia pleaded, her eyes wide with sadness. She wrapped an arm around John B to make it seem supportive, which he gladly obliged to. The captain looked at the two and merely shook his head, walking away and leaving the two teens standing there.

"Thanks for nothing." John B muttered as he walked away, his arm still around the girl.

"I can't believe the sick grandmother card didn't work, it usually does." Talia told him, sighing in defeat. She looked around at the barge, busy with workers from the boats and tourists coming off the ferry. She spotted two yellow raincoats laying on top of a large package. Talia smiled, a thought forming in her brain.

"Hey, I got an idea." She told John B, walking out of his grasp, walking over to the raincoats and shoving one into his chest. They quickly put them on, pulling the hoods over their heads. Talia spotted a two propane tanks, and she picked up one and gave it to John B.

"Okay, just act natural." She told him, keeping her head down and she and John B walked off the barge and onto the small boat, setting the tanks down in a random spot. John B pulled her down stairs to the bottom of the boat, shoving her into what she assumed was the boiler room of the boat. He closed the door and the two teens shuffled in. They looked around before they were both jerked forward, Talia landing in John B's arms. She looked up at him and smiled.

"We're moving." She told him and gave him a high five, to which he awkwardly agreed.

  The more the boat moved, the hotter it began to feel in the small room. It didn't take long for Talia to sweat through her tank top, a sweat stain forming on her chest. She watched as John B pulled his shirt over her head, wishing she could do the same. Her eyes fell to his abs, his toned stomach glistening with sweat. She quickly looked away and cleared her throat awkwardly. She pulled her blonde hair into a bun as John B laid down beside her, propping his head up on a buoy.