My tutor's hot- highschool au

Quick warning mention of sex ed. Just the two words no detail.
Travis Stoll sat in the library waiting for his tutor to arrive. This Katie Gardner girl was supposed to be a straight A student and Travis was struggling with biology. He had been sat there for about half an hour before a auburn haired girl with grass eyes came over to him.
             "You're Travis? Right?" He nodded not looking up from his phone. "I'm Katie. Katie Gardner. I'm you're tutor." He glanced up at the girl. Eyes immediately blowing up larger than anyone had thought possible based on basic human anatomy. "What is it you need help with?"
           Katie had signed up for the tutor programme because helping people was kind of her thing, plus she and Annabeth were in competition for who could do the most extra credit stuff. Whoever won had to buy the other a latte.
           "Uuuuuuh, photosynthesis and plant structure but if I'm perfectly honest I'd rather it be sex ed with you as my tutor" the girl sighed, rolling her eyes in disbelief that this kid was trying to hit on her after knowing her ten seconds and during a study session. They opened their textbooks and Katie began to talk about plants. It took her fifteen minutes to realise Travis had gone back to looking at his phone.
        " and that's what makes plants green but I'd rather just sit here are talk about how handsome you are rather than this stupid plant stuff" the monotone voice made her sarcasm blatantly obvious but apparently not for the boy sat before her. Travis smiled and put his phone down on the desk, locking it. Katie snatched it up quicker than you could say chloroplasts held it out of Travis' reach. "Now that you're actually listening, what is it going to take for me to get you to study."
            Travis' face shone with an expression beaming with thought " 'bout a million dollars and an Iphone." He studied Katie's expression hoping there would be some sort of hint that she could give him that even he knew she wouldn't. He instead used the time check her out, she had a nice figure and was pretty, okay scratch that she was the hottest nerd Travis had ever seen. If he didn't know how to keep his cool, he would be at loss for thought and extemely clumsy. Travis didn't know how to keep his cool. He knocked his textbooks onto the floor and couldn't remeber the word for a certain swear so he said poopy instead. Great this girl probably thinks he's a real winner. When he sat back up she was silently laughing at him.
         "I'll tell you what." Her voice was as sweet as honey with a texan accent that was adorable. "If you get fifteen out of the twenty questions I'll ask you in an hour right I'll give you 10 dollars"
           Pretty good deal, not quite good enough thought
           "How about if I get over fifteen of them right I can take you on a date"  He smirked. This kid is mischevious. Like their was some strange DNA is his chromosomes that meant he was up to no good every hour of every day.
             "Ha. How cheap do u think I am? If you get a B+ or higher in your test then I will go on a date with you. That's my final offer."
             "Deal." They shook hands solidifying the 'bet' despite the fact that Katie was 99% Travis wouldnt be able to get that considering he was a D average student.
              The next 2 hours contained:
Travis picking up his phone six times; Katie hadn't given it back to him so gods know how he got it.
Katie lecturing until the library closed.
Travis taking some very scruffy notes.
And finally them exchanging phone numbers.
           They said their goodbyes and headed out of the school. Travis was about to pull away in his car when he saw the tutor stood there, in a yellow t-shirt, holding a denim jacket over her head as a make-shift umbrella, looking out onto the rain coated parking lot where only the teacher's cars and Travis' was.
            He got out of his silver 2004 ford and screamed at the girl.
            "DO YOU WANT A RIDE?" The girl looked over at him before shaking her head with a sad smile on her. Travis got back in the car and drove out of the parking lot, blasting 21 pilots as he drove. He was a quarter of the journey away from his highschool when he decided to turn around and head back, just in case.
             He pulled back into the school to find no cars left but his and Miss Gardner, sat on the steps of the school, her jean jacket now on her amd her hair drenched from the storm.
              Travis pulled over "Hey! Get in!" The girl stood up and he opened the passenger's seat door. When she reached the car she stood outside of it for a moment.
               "Do you have a towel? I'd hate to get the seats wet." He rolled his eyes and laughed whilst the girl stood there confused.
               "Oh. You're being serious. Don't worry about it." She smiled gratefully and got in throwing her bags omto the back seat. They'd just pulled away when Travis the Taxi asked her about her destination "Where do you live?"
                 " No. 4 Olympian lane, I know its on the other side of town. I'm sorry. If its too far out of your way just drop me off at the nearest bus stop I've got enough cash for a ticket." She sounded like she was being a burden for living on the other side of town despite Travis being the one to offer her the lift.
                 "No. Its the same street as me, I'm no. 11."she looked relieved that she wasn't being a hassle yet surprised that they lived on the same street. "Why were you waiting outside for so long anyway? Not that its any of my business, I just didn'tunderstand why a pretty girl like you, was stuck in the rain at..." he glanced at his watch. "5:30pm."
           "My dad was supposed to pick me up but he had an urgent meeting the agricultural commitee so he arranged for my stepmom to get me but an hour's journey across town, most likely getting stuck in traffic would just be...ummmmm"
             "Awkward?"
             "Yeah. She's really nice, don't get me wrong, but she runs her own company and us busy enough as it is. I'd just feel like a burden, having her drive two hours just to pick me up. I told her not to worry and was about to head to the bus station when you showed up again. Thanks by the way"
             "Anytime. How about instead of the whole date thing, you tutor me every night after school and I give you a ride to and from?"
              "Oh my gods, would you mind? That would be amazing." He glanced over to look at the hot nerd next to him, seeing a bright smile on her face.
              "No problem. Quick warning, I have a brother." The rest of the journey was peaceful, the two spoke about how different their lives were despite them going to all the same schools and living on the same street all their lives.