Take me to Hawaii

Hi! Long time no read. So around 2 years ago, someone commented on the babysitting AU part of this story saying that they'd love a part two, and a few people agreed! I'm not going to do that. Instead I have began writing a fic supported by the basis of that part. My writing style has changed as I got older but nonetheless I hope you all enjoy the chapter rewrite/first part of my new fic...Take Me to Hawaii - A Tratie Fanfiction. The fic will release this summer in now schedule because I am awful at sticking to those :)

Take Me to Hawaii - A Tratie Fanfiction - Chapter 1 - It Began with Babysitting - Saturday

I know what you're thinking. Why on Earth would any sane person babysit for a family who had seven kids...on their own? Answer: Katie Gardner is not sane...and the family was paying $25 and hour.

She needed money okay?

Her friend's and her have been planning for months a big summer trip to Hawaii, she was saving up all year to go. But going to an incredibly beautiful, tourist honey-pot will most definitely take a large bite out of her college savings. If she didn't find a way to avoid this she'd easily lose half a year's tuition. She had been working as a barista, a waitress, a dog groomer, sales person and a party princess for ten months now and still hadn't saved up the full amount to pay back her share. She was still $500 short and the trip was in two weeks! In desperation, she took the most unwanted job of them all.

Babysitting the Stoll's kids three times a week until the trip.

Katie's dad had connections with Mrs. Stoll. She was a painter who specialised in botany of the rarest kind. Her dad supplied the plants whilst she created the masterpieces, before taking them back to the plant sanctuary. She'd painted everything from the dainty blades of a cactus to the harsh protruding stripes of the Rothschild's Slipper Orchid. Her paintings of the Orchid sell for thousands; when I say this plant is rare I mean like getting your hands on the 1999 First Edition Shadowless Holographic Charizard rare. Seriously, a single blossom of that plant can sell for $5,000 alone. Needless to say, fifteen an hour is change for them to spare, you could tell that just from where they live.

Seven bedrooms and ten bathrooms, a pool, a rumoured waterfall and a boathouse spread across over 160,000 Square feet.

None of this was as impressive to her as it was for those first hearing it. What mesmerized Katie about the house was how eco-friendly it seemed to be.

Palm trees extending as though they were arms reaching out, ivy climbed the stone walls and a large carved bush was the centrepiece of a circular drive. 

The drive up to that house was the only peace she got on the property.

She got out of her truck, which looked underdressed dying of rust alongside a thriving community, to knock n the large front doors.

A woman in a charcoal dress emerged from the palace's entrance. Katie couldn't help but admire the gown. With a waist-line that began just under the pleated bust and a set of sleeves that draped to the floor as elegantly as the dancers of the Royal Ballet, it was easy to mistake the woman for a goddess.

"You must be Katie! Oh please, come in. Would you like any beverages before the briefing?" Mrs Stoll said, she seemed surprised by Katie's arrival, though the young girl's expression of shock far worsened hers.

"I'm sorry...a briefing?" Katie's eyebrows furrowed in confusion as she questioned her life decisions, specifically why she decided to take this job.

"Oh, your father didn't tell you? No wonder you were so willing to help." Mrs Stoll chuckled, an apologetic yet humoured smile spreading across her face.